• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Waterbender's Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I made my suggestion further up in the comments. I'm not sure of anything else though. Can't come up with anything :|

owlcool

Verified Member
After all that, the argument seems to disappear.
Maybe it's because
owlcool knows that
He can't win...
Or that there was no points left to argue, or the awkwardness of arguing with someone that you just learned that english is not their first language, etc.

6tijn

Verified Member
Or that there was no points left to argue, or the awkwardness of arguing with someone that you just learned that english is not their first language, etc.
whats so awkward about arguing with someone who's first language isn't english? I bet more than at least 50 % of the people here speak something apart from english, or have an other language as their first. o-o

Also, back to this suggestion, I have one big Idea/question for this thread.

Would this be a passive, like you can disable and enable it?
I think, since there will be some players who still want to select their water source manually, this should be a passive that can be turned on and off.
Like how earth benders can disable/enable tremor sense.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
whats so awkward about arguing with someone who's first language isn't english? I bet more than at least 50 % of the people here speak something apart from english, or have an other language as their first. o-o

I think, since there will be some players who still want to select their water source manually, this should be a passive that can be turned on and off.
ummmm , the source selection is still there and still can be usable.

HydroMan

Verified Member
As i said ,there still needs to be a disable fuction ,as so i wont used all of my source(for ex; one plant) by accident ,and only use it when i really need it

Also who thinks that this "source selection" should be implanted on some water abilities ,like only watermanip and surge?

owlcool

Verified Member

*sigh. Language Impasses. Anyways, this suggestion would either make waterbending much more overpowered, or change the plugin around this. Waterbender has a tree nearby? They simply watermanipulation 3 times, surge once, and then water wave away so that they are nearer to water later, and once they are near water, they have unlimited spamming, etc to the point there is little difference between fighting a waterbender near water and under water. That is why this move is so overpowered. If you watched the legend of korra episode, Sting, then a Firebender is more then capable of standing up to a waterbender near water, so this is simply not cannon in what it will change, rather then what it is.

Sorin

Verified Member
*sigh. Language Impasses. Anyways, this suggestion would either make waterbending much more overpowered, or change the plugin around this. Waterbender has a tree nearby? They simply watermanipulation 3 times, surge once, and then water wave away so that they are nearer to water later, and once they are near water, they have unlimited spamming, etc to the point there is little difference between fighting a waterbender near water and under water. That is why this move is so overpowered. If you watched the legend of korra episode, Sting, then a Firebender is more then capable of standing up to a waterbender near water, so this is simply not cannon in what it will change, rather then what it is.
Why are you still fightin the suggestion its already got looking into.

Sorin

Verified Member
I dont see how does this make waterb overpower ,whuch this works like earthb.
I don't either, plus in the show they didn't walk up to the water and punch it to start waterbending. This should have been put in a long time ago imo.

6tijn

Verified Member
My opinion: The concept of waterbending and how sources work should be rewritten, how it is now, its not really balanced, it doesnt even work like waterbending in the show. Tha way waterbenders use sources, and where are just... Not realistic. I think this is why water can get so Underpowered/Overpowered so easily... Most elements just need some demage buffs or nerfs, but there are so many aspects that waterbending relies on.
Just look at plantbending... Waterbenders didn't create spalshes of water out of grass when a opponent stood there. (Typical waterbender tactic, when someone stands on grass, spam watermanip, so many demage, doest make sense huh). But what happens if there's no plantbenidng. Waterbending is weak. Why? Because in the series waterbenders always could do awesome things with less watersources. They carrized it with them in many forms. (wateramrs, torrents spinning around them)

Just an example: When Kya Fought Zaheer when she recognized him, there was only one watersource. She bended that water to her, and she used the same water for many moves and attacks. In the plugin, one water source is one attack. IN the show one source equalled many attacks. This is why waterbenders need so many sources in the plugin, they can only use a source once. This is why, in the show waterbenders didn't have such OP/weird plantbending style.
They used the water from the plants, bended it to them, and use it a couple of times etc etc etc.

Yes, yes, yes, there IS bottle bending when speaking of reusing source, but we all know bottle beding waterbenders... The most horrible watermanip spam.
And the concemt doesnt really work well when you talk about balance.

This is just my opinion, understand when poeple dont agree. Really.

owlcool

Verified Member
My opinion: The concept of waterbending and how sources work should be rewritten, how it is now, its not really balanced, it doesn't even work like waterbending in the show. The way waterbenders use sources, and where are just... Not realistic. I think this is why water can get so Underpowered/Overpowered so easily... Most elements just need some damage buffs or nerfs, but there are so many aspects that waterbending relies on.
Just look at plantbending... Waterbenders didn't create splashes of water out of grass when a opponent stood there. (Typical waterbender tactic, when someone stands on grass, spam watermanipulation, so many damage, doesn't make sense huh). But what happens if there's no plantbenidng. Waterbending is weak. Why? Because in the series waterbenders always could do awesome things with less water sources. They carried it with them in many forms. (wateramrs, torrents spinning around them)

Just an example: When Kya Fought Zaheer when she recognized him, there was only one water source. She bended that water to her, and she used the same water for many moves and attacks. In the plugin, one water source is one attack. IN the show one source equaled many attacks. This is why waterbenders need so many sources in the plugin, they can only use a source once. This is why, in the show waterbenders didn't have such OP/weird plantbending style.
They used the water from the plants, bended it to them, and use it a couple of times etc etc etc.

Yes, yes, yes, there IS bottle bending when speaking of reusing source, but we all know bottle bending waterbenders... The most horrible watermanipulation spam.
And the concept doesn't really work well when you talk about balance.

This is just my opinion, understand when poeple dont agree. Really.
Waterbending is not the only element that needs to get rewritten in that case. Also, I edited your post to have less typos then it has now. Elements such as earth, water, air, and fire would need to be changed up also. Earth would need to be changed so that you don't have to look at the ground to use raiseearth, fireblast would need to be made so that there would be more then 1 at a time, air would need to have airswipe have more range.(Seriously? Airswipe is punching range in the plugin, and in the show it can get across an entire room, Wth Shawn!!!!)
In the show, Mako and 12 toed ping or whoever it was, was about the same level as mako, when he was on a boat, when they were fighting, in a lake, in winter, and mako seemed to have the upper hand. How, Idk. It just happened.

Sorin

Verified Member
Waterbending is not the only element that needs to get rewritten in that case. Also, I edited your post to have less typos then it has now. Elements such as earth, water, air, and fire would need to be changed up also. Earth would need to be changed so that you don't have to look at the ground to use raiseearth, fireblast would need to be made so that there would be more then 1 at a time, air would need to have airswipe have more range.(Seriously? Airswipe is punching range in the plugin, and in the show it can get across an entire room, Wth Shawn!!!!)
In the show, Mako and 12 toed ping or whoever it was, was about the same level as mako, when he was on a boat, when they were fighting, in a lake, in winter, and mako seemed to have the upper hand. How, Idk. It just happened.
I agree with you (finally). Most elements need major reworks, Not so much major but a lot, like in the show waterbending was so fluid and it was more about using your enemy attacks against them, but the way it is now you spam water manips at people and there isn't much they can do, besides spamming back and hoping you get more hits in, I hope things are reworked.

owlcool

Verified Member
I agree with you (finally). Most elements need major reworks, Not so much major but a lot, like in the show waterbending was so fluid and it was more about using your enemy attacks against them, but the way it is now you spam water manipulation at people and there isn't much they can do, besides spamming back and hoping you get more hits in, I hope things are reworked.
You are right to an extent. One, Watermanipulation should be made so that it you can redirect it with a simple click to make dodging actually possible, like in the show, and it should be only redirect-able once. As a firebender, fire needs to be reworked so that it is less entirely made of moves for final blows,(The one area fire is correct in the plugin) and more moves that chip away at the health, like a move with a barrage of fireball's. That is common in agni kai's. There also needs to be a bit more of a limit to watermanipulation, etc.

HadesDude

Verified Member
You are right to an extent. One, Watermanipulation should be made so that it you can redirect it with a simple click to make dodging actually possible, like in the show, and it should be only redirect-able once.
Watermanip is able to be redirected with a simple click. There's no point in making it a one time redirect because that just removes what fluidity waterbending currently has... If you want to dodge, click it away from you or quickly shift to get rid of it.

owlcool

Verified Member
Watermanip is able to be redirected with a simple click. There's no point in making it a one time redirect because that just removes what fluidity waterbending currently has... If you want to dodge, click it away from you or quickly shift to get rid of it.
Shift click slows you down...

HadesDude

Verified Member
Shift click slows you down...
You only need to shift click to select a source and shoot it. If a manip is coming at you, you can easily click it and redirect it. Making the manip disappear is just a quick tap of shift, it really shouldn't be a big problem when it comes to slowing you down.

Sorin

Verified Member
You only need to shift click to select a source and shoot it. If a manip is coming at you, you can easily click it and redirect it. Making the manip disappear is just a quick tap of shift, it really shouldn't be a big problem when it comes to slowing you down.
This, This is why it is so flipin spamable is due to that reason right there maybe if you could only have 1 watermanip going at one time and when you redirect it it circles around you once then is shot back and only being redirectable so many times and it should be configurable on how many times it can be redirected. And the way water is right now it isn't fluid what so ever, like at all. But if someone redirects your watermanip you can then pull up another one eliminateing the fact of an endless war.

Status
Not open for further replies.