• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Torrent Redirection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelloEnthusiast

Verified Member
I like the idea. It makes waterbenders actually have a way to dodge torrent finally. It makes them be a more skilled bender if they can execute a redirect like that, and it will be more like the show anyway :)

Tidal_Force

Verified Member
I like the idea. It makes waterbenders actually have a way to dodge torrent finally. It makes them be a more skilled bender if they can execute a redirect like that, and it will be more like the show anyway :)
I think battles would just devolve to torrent redirection, with watermanipulations in between. Water battles will become a stationary juggling act, where you do the real damage with watemanipulation while you keep the torrent from touching you.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I think battles would just devolve to torrent redirection, with watermanipulations in between. Water battles will become a stationary juggling act, where you do the real damage with watemanipulation while you keep the torrent from touching you.
Remember that when Katara and Pakku fought (or Katara vs. Hama), both waterbenders could make a Torrent clock. In both cases, they didn't. The problem you brought up is also happening right now with WaterManipulation and EarthSmash. It is the bender's choice if they keep redirecting or not. They at least should have the choice.

Tidal_Force

Verified Member
Hey, I was just clarifying what he said xD I know, most people say I spam too much WaterManipulation. It is their fault! They are the ones that go into the flowers fields xD
Hey, that's fine with me. It just seems like this would be limiting to people who prefer torrent over watermanipulation. There would have to be a fairly long cool down for this, in my opinion. You can't exactly backshot with torrent.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Hey, that's fine with me. It just seems like this would be limiting to people who prefer torrent over watermanipulation. There would have to be a fairly long cool down for this, in my opinion. You can't exactly backshot with torrent.
And you wouldn't backshot it, it would turn around you, giving to your foe moments to use other techniques. How would this limit someone? If I wanna spam WaterManipulation at their feet while they are redirecting Torrent, it is their problem xD

Tidal_Force

Verified Member
And you wouldn't backshot it, it would turn around you, giving to your foe moments to use other techniques. How would this limit someone? If I wanna spam WaterManipulation at their feet while they are redirecting Torrent, it is their problem xD
I just think it would make a lot of battles revolve around the same 'watermanip at the torrenter's feet' goal. I would totally agree with this if you couldn't redirect a torrent after watermanipping. However, that doesn't seem to be what people want.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I just think it would make a lot of battles revolve around the same 'watermanip at the torrenter's feet' goal. I would totally agree with this if you couldn't redirect a torrent after watermanipping. However, that doesn't seem to be what people want.
In this I totally agree with you :O Or a bender is bending a WaterManipulation, or redirecting Torrent. It makes no sense manipulating two masses of water that have no relation between them.

Tidal_Force

Verified Member
In this I totally agree with you :O Or a bender is bending a WaterManipulation, or redirecting Torrent. It makes no sense manipulating two masses of water that have no relation between them.
Thanks. This would prevent torrent redirection from being OP. It should probably work Vice versa, too. If you REDIRECT a torrent, you shouldn't be able to use watermanip right after.

EDIT: Having to direct the torrent might actually consume the right amount of time before you can watermanip. Tell me what you think.

Last edited:

TheWaterSpirit

Verified Member
So what you are saying is that everyone's main ability should be watermanipulation? And even casual torrenters will be affected by this. If torrent was as fast as watermanipulation, I could see it, but right now it takes multi hits to deal more damage with a slower bending time.
Spam frostbreath is bad!

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Thanks. This would prevent torrent redirection from being OP. It should probably work Vice versa, too. If you REDIRECT a torrent, you shouldn't be able to use watermanip right after.

EDIT: Having to direct the torrent might actually consume the right amount of time before you can watermanip. Tell me what you think.
I luve eet.

CelloEnthusiast

Verified Member
I hardly use watermanipulation or torrent while battling. Also, I play on a server where spamming moves is not allowed,so that covers the torrent with watermanips in between. I usually only use combo moves, or icewave then octopusform with an icebullet here and there. So, I still think it would be a good add-on to torrent.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I hardly use watermanipulation or torrent while battling. Also, I play on a server where spamming moves is not allowed,so that covers the torrent with watermanips in between. I usually only use combo moves, or icewave then octopusform with an icebullet here and there. So, I still think it would be a good add-on to torrent.
Freezing would actually be a bad idea, since you could only hit once with Octopus without it getting the famous "spam" label xD But yeah :3 If Owners want people to not spam moves, enhance the cooldown x3

Hero

Verified Member
Listen up torrent spammers and redirection haters.

Do I seriously have to go about how this actually makes sense? Wth are you guys complaining? You can redirect watermanip. and I dont see anyone complaining, so why torrent? "We wont have a blockable/non redirectable move" If you guys hates redirection, block it with surge shield. Water is the element of change, not enduring attacks like Earth. Imo, almost everything about water should be redirectable, ill just stick to this.

In almost all water fights, it was about who was the most skilled. Not who can block. You guys are attempting to make a move UP by making harder each time or you cant redirect anything else.
  1. Torrent already has to be in range to be able to redirect, so now you are just making un needed suggestions.
  2. You already can't do anything else while directing torrent, so what....?
@Taiko the Waterbender, ya better not say fire can redirect, so this is invalid because this ain't about fire.
Learn to redirect or learn to trick people.....panda haters

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Listen up torrent spammers and redirection haters.

Do I seriously have to go about how this actually makes sense? Wth are you guys complaining? You can redirect watermanip. and I dont see anyone complaining, so why torrent? "We wont have a blockable/non redirectable move" If you guys hates redirection, block it with surge shield. Water is the element of change, not enduring attacks like Earth. Imo, almost everything about water should be redirectable, ill just stick to this.

In almost all water fights, it was about who was the most skilled. Not who can block. You guys are attempting to make a move UP by making harder each time or you cant redirect anything else.
  1. Torrent already has to be in range to be able to redirect, so now you are just making un needed suggestions.
  2. You already can't do anything else while directing torrent, so what....?
@Taiko the Waterbender, ya better not say fire can redirect, so this is invalid because this ain't about fire.
Learn to redirect or learn to trick people.....panda haters
Wait, what?! x.x
Dude, you confuse me. I agree with this *w*
Water, while being the Element of change, could be redirected. But that doesn't mean it MUST be redirected ALWAYS. It depends in the bender ;D

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Concept Designers are currently revisiting discussion on this suggestion.
... ok...? o.o Nice new label, btw xD

To the people that say redirecting Torrent is OP, with all my love <3
  • If
    another waterbender could shift on it
  • And
    ProjectKorra said:
    the WaterBender must then hold the sneak button
  • So, you can't perform other moves in order to protect yourself from the blasts other waterbenders would shot while you are redirecting their Torrent.
So, in my opinion, it seems pretty canon, logical, simple and balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.