• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Torrent Redirection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Fire justs blocks out other attacks.
Earth justs endures them and wait for an opening.
Air justs dodges.
Water is the only element known for redirection.
Fire dodges too.
Toph has redirected earth, I think.
Wan has redirected fire.
Katara has blocked Zuko's fire.
Katara's master blocked Katara's ice.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
Fire dodges too.
Toph has redirected earth, I think.
Wan has redirected fire.
Katara has blocked Zuko's fire.
Katara's master blocked Katara's ice.
This is about the plugin, owl cool. So far every element has a way to block other moves, more or less, but it'd make more sense for Water to do it because that's what it's nature is like.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
I wouldnt mind earrh redirection, but Wan, The first avatar, was the only firebender to redirect fire.
He can't really even say that was the reason now that I think about it, because the official "natures" of bending was never established then

owlcool

Verified Member
This is about the plugin, owl cool. So far every element has a way to block other moves, more or less, but it'd make more sense for Water to do it because that's what it's nature is like.
A massive line of water, controlled extremely much, can be taken over by another waterbender and redirected.

If we are talking about the plugin then torrent redirection makes less sense, not more.

owlcool

Verified Member
He can't really even say that was the reason now that I think about it, because the official "natures" of bending was never established then
(Then what would be the benefits of a person such as Wan having all the elements? Barely Nothing, if fire has as much defense as earth and earth has as much mobility as air.)

HydroMan

Verified Member
Fire justs blocks out other attacks.
Earth justs endures them and wait for an opening.
Air justs dodges.
Water is the only element known for redirection.
Fire has redirected it once (read on some kind of thread)

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
(Then what would be the benefits of a person such as Wan having all the elements? Barely Nothing, if fire has as much defense as earth and earth has as much mobility as air.)
Think of it this way, while the element may not be intended for a certain use (air being a peaceful, evasive element), the user will sometimes occasionally cross the "boundaries" of another element (how Zaheer fought with air, while having the aggression of a fire bender)

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
like i said, just make the torrent blockable.
If that's the case, why don't we make all moves blockable? Torrent is already pretty easy to dodge from a distance, either walk backwards out of its range or jump unexpectedly. Redirection would make more sense, considering that's what Water's nature was intended to be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.