• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Torrent Redirection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Wouldn't this get a little boring after 35 Torrent redirections? I suggest that, redirection after redirection, the distance amplitude from which you could redirect Torrent would get reduced, being harder and harder to redirect.

owlcool

Verified Member
If that's the case, why don't we make all moves blockable? Torrent is already pretty easy to dodge from a distance, either walk backwards out of its range or jump unexpectedly. Redirection would make more sense, considering that's what Water's nature was intended to be like.
Isn't torrent already blockable? Also, practically every move with the possible exception of shockwave(Just maybe) is blockable.
Lightning? Block the sight.
Combustion? Block the blast.
Fire burst? Blockable.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Isn't torrent already blockable? Also, practically every move with the possible exception of shockwave(Just maybe) is blockable.
Lightning? Block the sight.
Combustion? Block the blast.
Fire burst? Blockable.
I only know that it can blocked by Surge when by waterbender. But Surge Shield is so underrated.

Tidal_Force

Verified Member
I strongly dislike this idea. To start off, it makes torrent ridiculously weak, and rather pointless if someone can just spam watermanipulation at you while you use it and then just redirect the torrent. Additionally, waterbenders would need another unblockable or unredirectable move. Finally, the concept doesn't even make sense. If a waterbender is able to control the water in where it moves (not just shoot a blast like Katara did, where she just guided the water) then the water being able to be stolen is ludicrous. Water vs water fights would now last an hour, and might end when someone just has to use the bathroom. It just isn't applicable to the plugin at the current time.

Last edited:

TheWaterSpirit

Verified Member
I strongly dislike this idea. To start off, it makes torrent ridiculously weak, and rather pointless if someone can just spam watermanipulation at you while you use it and then just redirect the torrent. Additionally, waterbenders would need another unblockable or unredirectable move. Finally, the concept doesn't even make sense. If a waterbender is able to control the water in where it moves (not just shoot a blast like Katara did, where she just guided the water) then then the water being able to be stolen is ludicrous. Water vs water fights would now last an hour, and might end when someone just has to use the bathroom. It just isn't applicable to the plugin at the current time.
You dislike cuz u are spammer torrent. And i know it!

Tidal_Force

Verified Member
You dislike cuz u are spammer torrent. And i know it!
So what you are saying is that everyone's main ability should be watermanipulation? And even casual torrenters will be affected by this. If torrent was as fast as watermanipulation, I could see it, but right now it takes multi hits to deal more damage with a slower bending time.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
So what you are saying is that everyone's main ability should be watermanipulation? And even casual torrenters will be affected by this. If torrent was as fast as watermanipulation, I could see it, but right now it takes multi hits to deal more damage with a slower bending time.
He is saying that you shouldn't only use Torrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.