• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Torrent Redirection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Even I don't like this much, I thought of a better way torrent redirection would work and decided to share with you:
In order to redirect it, you must hold shift and aim at the approaching torrent projectile. Than, turning around clockwise or counterclockwise in a 90-360°, in the direction it is flying, will make it move along your torso (where you are looking at), infront of your sight. If you let go of the shift key, the torrent projectile will then be released and will head away from you, and will act as a regular torrent projectile.

Doing a sharp of 180° or more before releasing the projectile, will have a much smaller chance of mishitting away from the crossheir, while the failed chance leads the projectile: shooting in a diagonal/straight position, opposing its aim point or won't auto hit the target, as meaning in will shoot where the curseir is placed at, disspaite your sight seeing living entity (this wil be left for the pk team to pick the choice from two of these).

Another thing to note, that the redirected torrent won't freeze unless commandent by the original torrenter (eg. a torrenter double clicking right before his torrent is redirected, will make it freeze when the redirector shoots it; same goes for the non-freezing torrent).

Hero

Verified Member
Even I don't like this much, I thought of a better way torrent redirection would work and decided to share with you:
In order to redirect it, you must hold shift and aim at the approaching torrent projectile. Than, turning around clockwise or counterclockwise in a 90-360°, in the direction it is flying, will make it move along your torso (where you are looking at), infront of your sight. If you let go of the shift key, the torrent projectile will then be released and will head away from you, and will act as a regular torrent projectile.

Doing a sharp of 180° or more before releasing the projectile, will have a much smaller chance of mishitting away from the crossheir, while the failed chance leads the projectile: shooting in a diagonal/straight position, opposing its aim point or won't auto hit the target, as meaning in will shoot where the curseir is placed at, disspaite your sight seeing living entity (this wil be left for the pk team to pick the choice from two of these).

Another thing to note, that the redirected torrent won't freeze unless commandent by the original torrenter (eg. a torrenter double clicking right before his torrent is redirected, will make it freeze when the redirector shoots it; same goes for the non-freezing torrent).
You do know that some people's mouse gets jacked up when doing turns. It would be simple of we just needed to hold shift and shoot.

I don't understand why everyone is setting limits and forming all these weird ideas on redirecting torrents. We can redirect water manipulation as it is and no one is complaining about that.

HydroMan

Verified Member
You do know that some people's mouse gets jacked up when doing turns. It would be simple of we just needed to hold shift and shoot.

I don't understand why everyone is setting limits and forming all these weird ideas on redirecting torrents. We can redirect water manipulation as it is and no one is complaining about that.
Jacked up? You mean unsunden movement that the mouse glitches on? Well, let em blame on their technical equipment support.

HydroMan

Verified Member

I forgot to say that stealing/grabbing it won't rotate around, like how the torrent startup is. It is controlled pretty much how the waterflow addon does.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Why make it same as watermanipulation? That's plain and boring. Torrent redirection required movement, not just punching/trusthing one hand in the air. I have also never seen them rotating it in a full ring shape when stealing it, even when it was rotated by the first person who bended it. By those details, I'm trying to make it as much realistic as I can.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
And by movement, I meant turning around clockwise/counterclockwise, which in minecraft we can apply that aspect in game without any limitation.

Hero

Verified Member
Why make it same as watermanipulation? That's plain and boring. Torrent redirection required movement, not just punching/trusthing one hand in the air. I have also never seen them rotating it in a full ring shape when stealing it, even when it was rotated by the first person who bended it. By those details, I'm trying to make it as much realistic as I can.
Im not saying it should be the same as watermanipulation. If anything, it should be just shift at the right time and control it look normal. All this extra rotating and functions is too much.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Im not saying it should be the same as watermanipulation. If anything, it should be just shift at the right time and control it look normal. All this extra rotating and functions is too much.
Yea, but waterbending misses the thing where like torrent and watermanip can be moved around and that is involves movement. IMO just one click makes waterbending abit lazy.

IceEyes

Verified Member

Love it, not to hard but neither easy to do.

IceEyes

Verified Member
But the idea of Hydro makes water feel more like water. I'd understand it for the other Elements, cause they are more straight forward, so clicking and shifting fits them. But water? Water is fluently in its movement. So using the curser is the perfect use for it. I mean, what feels more like water? Torrent or Watermanipulation? - Clearly torrent cause its following your curser.

See how they move with the water? Thats what water redirection should be.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
But the idea of Hydro makes water feel more like water. I'd understand it for the other Elements, cause they are more straight forward, so clicking and shifting fits them. But water? Water is fluently in its movement. So using the curser is the perfect use for it. I mean, what feels more like water? Torrent or Watermanipulation? - Clearly torrent cause its following your curser.
Atleast someone understands it :cool:. I made it as a seperate thread to give noticeable attentions for cds, so if they ever plan on doing this, they better pick my idea which isn't op as this suggested.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Atleast someone understands it :cool:. I made it as a seperate thread to give noticeable attentions for cds, so if they ever plan on doing this, they better pick my idea which isn't op as this suggested.
where can i find it :p?
Edit: Nvm found it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.