• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Surge new animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
Im sorry that you like a random wave coming out of a small pool of water. You can also deal with some of the problems like surge not coming out of the water. ;)

At least this is getting rid of the issue of surge not coming out. It also is in tune with the show. AND it can also block fire while its coming. Extra Plus!
Surge comes out right now...

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
Ok, any other reason why it shouldnt be added?
Surge would perfectly like it should right now; as a shield.. it needs no changes. I understand you like changing things because you want something new but why fix something that isnt broken?

Hero

Verified Member
Surge would perfectly like it should right now; as a shield.. it needs no changes. I understand you like changing things because you want something new but why fix something that isnt broken?
Surge is supposed to be a wave. This allows you to make a wave in a distance.
Surge can be a shield. Now you can make a shield in a distance.
Surge is the only water move that requires you to be near the water for it to work. Now you can suck up the water and shoot it at people from a distance.

Are you getting where im at?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Surge is the only water move that requires you to be near the water for it to work. Now you can suck up the water and shoot it at people from a distance.

It should stay how it is, instead of giving waterbenders distance they don't need. And it's logical the don't have distance with this move, it's a large amount of water being fired basically in a fast velocity. I'm pretty sure that's gonna require you to be pretty close to water.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member

It should stay the same for sure.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't see this working as the "new surge", especially because surge uses a "mathmatical" way of getting it's shape. I more see this working as a combo, like WaterSmash or something.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
Show me when the regular surge was performed in the show to proof that it should stay how it is by your argument.
A) Not everything is cannon
B) Im not spending my day sifting through avatar episodes to please some people that want to argue on the internet.

HydroMan

Verified Member
B) Im not spending my day sifting through avatar episodes to please some people that want to argue on the internet.
1. Everything in the plugin is pretty much canon
2. Then why don't you like my suggestive surge. Is it because of your taste?

HydroMan

Verified Member
I don't see this working as the "new surge", especially because surge uses a "mathmatical" way of getting it's shape. I more see this working as a combo, like WaterSmash or something.
It can still use its mathmatical, just with the exception of realistic animation. The Speed of Surge formation/creation would still stay the same. What do you have in mind for a combo?

Hero

Verified Member
*canon.
We arent shooting balls at people.
2. Its clear that you have enough time to argue over the internet.
At least @Finn_Bueno_ provided a reason why it might not work. You've been just saying no no no without a decent reason.

Hero

Verified Member
I like this because it flows just like water would do in the show and it could get rid of problems like surge not coming out and having to be near water (without bottles) for surge to be useful.

Verified Member
I feel surge is somehow glitched out when trying to perform from a body of water, as it does not always work. So I suggest a bew mechanic with the animation that would make waterbending more, then just doing "*puff* ..and here's mu fully grown surge". So what you see in the picture a waterbender (couldn't get a real one, so instead i placed a dress-up dummy on armorstand. You'll have to use your imagination on this). He is now trying to launch a surge. A whip comes out from the water and expands by 1 one block vertically, making it two meters high. After it travels abit more further, it then expands two blocks horizontally, making 2x2 blocks width shape. It would then continue traveling while retaining its last form, until it reaches the waterbender one block back away. Then after it does, it will then do its thing - shield him or be lauched from his front. This would prevent the failure of surge not being lauched succesfully when the water level is below the ground. You should know that this animation would only be applied for the body of water and ice, as bottlebending and plantbending would freely launch it without the whip. There's that.
Whip: (Front View)

(Side View)

Surge (Wave):

Additional information
  • If the user would want to lauch the surge from his back in order to travel, he would need to hold shift and click after selecting the source. The Surge would then come to push him away (if its source is where the user is standing and is launched the same pathway he is in) with the whip coming from his behind and transforming into surge from his back.
i love this idea but one problem what if someone is to close and you cant get a good lock on him and you miss, part of the reason surge is so good is because you don't need to really aim

Hero

Verified Member
i love this idea but one problem what if someone is to close and you cant get a good lock on him and you miss, part of the reason surge is so good is because you don't need to really aim
If the person is near you, the water stream coming close to you could push people back. Only when its in front of the player would it turn to a full on surge.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
*canon.
We arent shooting balls at people.
2. Its clear that you have enough time to argue over the internet.
At least @Finn_Bueno_ provided a reason why it might not work. You've been just saying no no no without a decent reason.
I am just checking pk on my free time when im not doing anything btw.
And I provided multiple reasons why it shouldnt be added:
  • The surge now works just fine
  • The surge now looks just fine
  • This just wouldnt work for a surge move

HydroMan

Verified Member
I am just checking pk on my free time when im not doing anything btw.
And I provided multiple reasons why it shouldnt be added:
  • The surge now works just fine
  • The surge now looks just fine
  • This just wouldnt work for a surge move
  • Agree
  • Can argue on that, because the regular surge is to your liking.
  • Mind explaining why?

Status
Not open for further replies.