• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Surge new animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I feel surge is somehow glitched out when trying to perform from a body of water, as it does not always work. So I suggest a bew mechanic with the animation that would make waterbending more, then just doing "*puff* ..and here's mu fully grown surge". So what you see in the picture a waterbender (couldn't get a real one, so instead i placed a dress-up dummy on armorstand. You'll have to use your imagination on this). He is now trying to launch a surge. A whip comes out from the water and expands by 1 one block vertically, making it two meters high. After it travels abit more further, it then expands two blocks horizontally, making 2x2 blocks width shape. It would then continue traveling while retaining its last form, until it reaches the waterbender one block back away. Then after it does, it will then do its thing - shield him or be lauched from his front. This would prevent the failure of surge not being lauched succesfully when the water level is below the ground. You should know that this animation would only be applied for the body of water and ice, as bottlebending and plantbending would freely launch it without the whip. There's that.
Whip: (Front View)

(Side View)

Surge (Wave):

Additional information
  • If the user would want to lauch the surge from his back in order to travel, he would need to hold shift and click after selecting the source. The Surge would then come to push him away (if its source is where the user is standing and is launched the same pathway he is in) with the whip coming from his behind and transforming into surge from his back.

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
This reminds me of the move Water Jet. Katara used it against pirates. Its pretty much a small surge, but alot more knockback, controlled, and does damage.

HydroMan

Verified Member
@Finn_Bueno_, do you remember (of course you have!) when you were asking how can surge work out without pushing you from behind? Well, this is the problem solver. This could either just be applied when in use of the RW passive of my suggested. :)

HydroMan

Verified Member
This reminds me of the move Water Jet. Katara used it against pirates. Its pretty much a small surge, but alot more knockback, controlled, and does damage.
She also use it against Jet, in the episode where She first met him.

HydroMan

Verified Member
On which pirate she used on anyway? The one who attacked her or the one who was in the ship?

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
I'm sorry to be a party pooper, but surge works 100% of the time for me. I've practiced surging more than I practice torrent, so I have a bit more experience with surgejets and things regarding surge. If you're using a 2x2 source, you have to aim higher for your surge to actually go through, and this might be the problem you're referring to, other than that, surge seems fine to me.

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
You're coming off as rude again, let's not have a repeat of yesterday, okay? I phrases it wrong, if a user can still travel with surge, it's fine. Better calm yourself ;).

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
You're once again being close minded, we should have many options to travel with. I love using surge and it requires much more skill to perform it right. So no thank you, surge is fine.

Hero

Verified Member
You're once again being close minded, we should have many options to travel with. I love using surge and it requires much more skill to perform it right. So no thank you, surge is fine.
Im not closed minded. I actually like this idea because it fixes some issues and looks appealing. Pushing yourself with surge doesnt require skill either. Just aim, jump and click.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I thought of a way surge could work for travelling. You use shift on the water, hold shift in mid air and leftclick. You'll then be lauch with the surge from behind and the whip will go straigth behind you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.