• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

OmniCypher, why is it not added?

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
I think the reason he is impatient is because of the sheer number of people that have suggested it. He just resurfaced it to give it more prominence in the developers' minds. Persistence is change, my friend.
The last time I saw someone constantly bumping a thread? It got denied.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I have to agree with Pickle, even if the guy is Russian, he's being a bit arrogant in calling out the lead dev asking why a feature that he doesn't have to add isn't already added.

TheWaterSpirit

Verified Member
Just because you don't use it doesn't make it a bad move.
Second, did you even read what I said. I'm not saying its a bad move, nor am I questioning it's use.

What I was saying was when you see a suggestion renamed "Why wasn't this added" followed by complaining that a looking into thread wasn't put in the latest beta, and one of the reasons for him saying why it should have been in the latest beta was "because it's a good move". I was merely saying that your own opinion isn't reason enough for a suggestion to be put at the top of the list of things to code.

In short, don't be impatient and create a wall of text because your suggestion wasn't added in the most recent beta.
My suggestion was added long ago. It's just psychology!

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
In my humble opinion, I believe we have too many ice shooty moves for this to be a valid standalone combo. There are only so many ways to shoot ice. I think the suggested combo resembles IceBullet too much, both in stances, method of execution and looks. Yes, bullet has shards, this combo apparently pieces, but there's no easy way to resemble "pieces". You'll have to make do with the larger IceSpike and IceBlast, and the smaller IceBullet.

TheWaterSpirit

Verified Member
Just because you don't use it doesn't make it a bad move.
Second, did you even read what I said. I'm not saying its a bad move, nor am I questioning it's use.

What I was saying was when you see a suggestion renamed "Why wasn't this added" followed by complaining that a looking into thread wasn't put in the latest beta, and one of the reasons for him saying why it should have been in the latest beta was "because it's a good move". I was merely saying that your own opinion isn't reason enough for a suggestion to be put at the top of the list of things to code.

In short, don't be impatient and create a wall of text because your suggestion wasn't added in the most recent beta.
IceBullet is the most not used and useless combo. But TorrentBlast and WaterBlast will be good and usefull combos!

TheWaterSpirit

Verified Member
In my humble opinion, I believe we have too many ice shooty moves for this to be a valid standalone combo. There are only so many ways to shoot ice. I think the suggested combo resembles IceBullet too much, both in stances, method of execution and looks. Yes, bullet has shards, this combo apparently pieces, but there's no easy way to resemble "pieces". You'll have to make do with the larger IceSpike and IceBlast, and the smaller IceBullet.
To use IceBullet I need waterbubble. Tell me where should I bind my binds here:
1 slot - HealingWaters
2 slot - Iceblast
3 slot - WaterArms
4 slot - PhaseChange
5 slot - Surge
6 slot - Torrent
7 slot - Octopusform
8 slot - WaterManipulation
9 slot - WaterSpout

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
IceBullet is the most not used and useless combo. But TorrentBlast and WaterBlast will be good and usefull combos!
Last time I checked, you have no access to any of the data the staff has. And since the suggested combo isn't implemented, how would you know it'd be good and useful? Those are subjective statements, too.
To use IceBullet I need waterbubble. Tell me where should I bind my binds here:
1 slot - HealingWaters
2 slot - Iceblast
3 slot - WaterArms
4 slot - PhaseChange
5 slot - Surge
6 slot - Torrent
7 slot - Octopusform
8 slot - WaterManipulation
9 slot - WaterSpout
Lose octopusform. Too slow, doesn't do nearly enough to warrant a spot in your binds.

TheWaterSpirit

Verified Member
Last time I checked, you have no access to any of the data the staff has. And since the suggested combo isn't implemented, how would you know it'd be good and useful? Those are subjective statements, too.

Lose octopusform. Too slow, doesn't do nearly enough to warrant a spot in your binds.
I always use octopusform. And I was satisfied with it, of course, wanted to do it better. But to change Octopusform to Waterbubble it would be wrong and not logical.

TheWaterSpirit

Verified Member

I'm a Waterbender have like 3 and a half years. And I have a lot of experience in this.
I play as on the Russian server and on English-speaking servers. And I know that nobody uses IceBullet in good fights. If it is used, just to have fun. And combo, which I propose, will be used. I can give You a fight and show what I'm capable of WaterBending.

TheWaterSpirit

Verified Member
My brain just breaks into pieces and I don't understand why you defend IceBullet. It's not the most used ability on all servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.