• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire Jet Ski

Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

Verified Member
This post is getting so so confusing now... It changes all the time and the whole idea/suggestion changed totaly.
I just had a feel to say this again: "Don't use the series as a perect example of what you want. Some benders were just too skilled. If firebenders in PK can do what ever Azula could, then it would be even more OP, unbalanced, etc. as it is now.

|
v

Attention to poeple who keep refering to Azula. c:

Azula is indeed a very skilled and VERY dangerous, but keep in mind she is 'special' :). She is the only bender that did that firebending without Sozin's comet. It's not because Zaheer could fly that now every airbender must have that abilty. Or that Ghazan could turn whole temples into lava, ... Same for Amon, that he could bloodbend everyone in a range of like 50 meters not needing the full moon, doesn't mean that all water bender should have that ability. But ofcourse, There is bloodbending, and there is LavaBending. But it is limited. So keep in mind that this move doesn't need to be a perfect reflection of what Azula could do, but what regular firebenders can do. c:

I do like the concept of it all though, I like it c:

Moonelight

Verified Member
Because obviously there is a lot of controversy over it.. And you've been constantly changing your main post, which changes the concept of what is being added...
I change it because the things I USED to have were unreasonable and did not fit a typical Firebender. What I have now makes more sense. The controversy is happening because people think it is going to make fire even more over powered. Fire is NOT overpowered and will never be. Each element has it's own perks to benefit in certain areas. This move is meant to bring the speed aspect to fire. The ease of use is what makes fire such a powerful element.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
How? It's basically Air Scooter, for a fire bender.
Since when was it airscooter? o_O
That's not the same move I was pushing for...
They're kinda right Fly, this is really confusing. I propose you make a post detailing EXACTLY what it is at this stage.

6tijn

Verified Member
I do like adding the speed thingy to fire, now fire is just about firing charged attacks at people from distance, creating big explosions in seconds and setting big areas on fire, blinding poeple with all those partciles with causes them to not see where those big deadly charged attacks come from. In the series it always reminded me of some sort of fighting style, but with firebending.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Since when was it airscooter? o_O
That's not the same move I was pushing for...
In case you have not read the updated forum post, go do it. It's no longer a levitation, it's a Ski.

I was comparing it to Airscooter, I never said it was exactly Airscooter. It's a High Speed form of Fire Jet that stays only on land and let's you battle.

Read the forum before you assume :|

and btw, that is the final way the forum is staying unless I NEED to add something.

Moonelight

Verified Member
This post is getting so so confusing now... It changes all the time and the whole idea/suggestion changed totaly.
I just had a feel to say this again: "Don't use the series as a perect example of what you want. Some benders were just too skilled. If firebenders in PK can do what ever Azula could, then it would be even more OP, unbalanced, etc. as it is now.

|
v
Do not worry, I changed it and it's staying that way forever. The levitation idea just didn't have a big enough support group around it, so I had to change it to a version which is used in the show.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I'm sorry if it is confusing, it is hard to put ideas into writing. The thread won't change from now on.

Sorry.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
In case you have not read the updated forum post, go do it. It's no longer a levitation, it's a Ski.

I was comparing it to Airscooter, I never said it was exactly Airscooter. It's a High Speed form of Fire Jet that stays only on land and let's you battle.

Read the forum before you assume :|

and btw, that is the final way the forum is staying unless I NEED to add something.
I've been following this forum since it's inception. It got kinda confusing though. I was supporting a levitation move, then it became this. With Jetblast added to firecombo, we don't really need another super fast firejet type move. I thought we were keeping with the kinda slow levitation type thingy, because it's different from existing moves and a helpful/interesting addition to the capabilities of a firebender. I now see that you changed the original post, but I and probably lots of other people didn't know that.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I've been following this forum since it's inception. It got kinda confusing though. I was supporting a levitation move, then it became this. With Jetblast added to firecombo, we don't really need another super fast firejet type move. I thought we were keeping with the kinda slow levitation type thingy, because it's different from existing moves and a helpful/interesting addition to the capabilities of a firebender. I now see that you changed the original post, but I and probably lots of other people didn't know that.
It's supposed to last longer than JetBlast and support your combat better than any other Fire Jet.

Tenket

Verified Member
Because obviously there is a lot of controversy over it.. And you've been constantly changing your main post, which changes the concept of what is being added...
God damn 8 pages in.

The consensus is between a brief vertical spurt of flame that eliminates vertical momentum or could be used as a toned down version of firejet that hovers more than rockets

Second version is more like a fireski effect. Kind of like that airscooter like thing azula does when she goes and wrecks shit.

Correct me if i have not summarized 8 pages effectively.

Moonelight

Verified Member
God damn 8 pages in.

The consensus is between a brief vertical spurt of flame that eliminates vertical momentum or could be used as a toned down version of firejet that hovers more than rockets

Second version is more like a fireski effect. Kind of like that airscooter like thing azula does when she goes and wrecks shit.

Correct me if i have not summarized 8 pages effectively.
Really, you just need to look at the 3, or 2, most recent pages and you can get the idea.

Hero

Verified Member
I personally don't think fire needs a move somewhat like airscooter, firejet is fine. :/

Moonelight

Verified Member
I personally don't think fire needs a move somewhat like airscooter, firejet is fine. :/
Opinions are fine, but when you look at it fire is meant to have moves like this. Fire's bending style is most often used for combat, speed and agility. Fire benders need the ability of speed to insure the ease of use. The reason fire is so combat oriented in the plugin is BECAUSE of its ease of use.

The speedy traveling capability of Fire Jet Ski of course will be balanced out by staff if implemented. But I certainly think it deserves a try in the plugin. So I definitely disagree with you.

Hero

Verified Member
Opinions are fine, but when you look at it fire is meant to have moves like this. Fire's bending style is most often used for combat, speed and agility. Fire benders need the ability of speed to insure the ease of use. The reason fire is so combat oriented in the plugin is BECAUSE of its ease of use.

The speedy traveling capability of Fire Jet Ski of course will be balanced out by staff if implemented. But I certainly think it deserves a try in the plugin. So I definitely disagree with you.
Oh yeah, objectively, its a good idea. My opinion is that firejet is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.