• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

What happened to our website?

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone and welcome back!

ProjectKorra has been offline for a couple of days now due to some unforeseen issues with one of our hosts. I'll do my best to break down the issue below:

Our forum has several anti-spam measures included to auto-detect spammers before they register. This prevents threads from being created by just about anyone on just about anything. Our wiki, however, did not have this same protection. Professional spammers were auto creating accounts by the hundreds and editing / creating new pages by the hundreds to the thousands. This overloaded our system and our host took our server offline to protect the integrity of their own.

After a day or so of diagnosing the issue, I was able to find tools for our wiki to ease this issue significantly. First, I had to auto clean thousands of pages. Because this was automated, it is likely that some pages fell through the cracks. This is a perfect time to remind you not to click links from anyone you do not trust.

I have also added safeguards to our wiki, namely requiring a CAPTCHA to create new pages. Unregistered users and New Users can no longer edit or create new pages.

I hope these issues are now behind us - thank you for being so patient.

(Also, our staff was still working throughout the downtime, expect things soon)

barel

how I install earth rift or fire comet on my server I put in plugins but it not working please help me