• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed Waterwave Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Plugin: ProjectKorraCore

Ability: Waterwave

Details: Waterwave seems to disapear randomly. Mostly it disapears when u Need it the most, in battles...
And it seems like it doesnt just happen to me.

What happends: You: Change Slot to waterspout -> click on source -> hold shift down -> let go
Waterwave: disapears/works

What should happen: You: Change Slot to waterspout -> click on source -> hold shift down -> let go
Waterwave: Comes to you -> lets you fly

No idea what could make it happen, but try it urself.

Anyone else who this has happend to and has an idea, please respond.
And please fix this.

Loony

Verified Member
This has happened to me too, waterwave only working half of the time. I tried to show it to @OmniCypher and then waterwave was working so he thought I was just going crazy.

HadesDude

Verified Member
Happens to me too, I've also noticed that it's really awkward when you're trying to select a source.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
On further testing, it seems this happens if you double tap shift. Can anyone else confirm this is the cause of the issue? o_O

(We all want a fix here so :) )

pfm2001

Verified Member
I always assumed it was because I needed to wait. It works if I hold down shift for a long period of time, but not if I let go quickly.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Maybe in the code the config value isn't used, but a set value? (Accident)
@StrangeOne101
Everything seems to be working fine from the config. Does this still happen if the charge time is set to lower (for anyone)?

I just say that because the default value is slightly too high imo and you can still get the water spinning around you without it being fully charged. Kind of gives the user the wrong idea.

But hey, just wondering. Would just be great if we could actually find a cause for this. :)

Loony

Verified Member
Ye
Everything seems to be working fine from the config. Does this still happen if the charge time is set to lower (for anyone)?

I just say that because the default value is slightly too high imo and you can still get the water spinning around you without it being fully charged. Kind of gives the user the wrong idea.

But hey, just wondering. Would just be great if we could actually find a cause for this. :)
yeah, my charge time is lower and it happens

Joeri

Verified Member
Charge time is what causes this. If you dont hold shift longer than 1 second your waterwave wont work.. It's a really weirdt thing

HadesDude

Verified Member
I found 2 issues with water wave:

1. If you hold shift and click a source, the animation appears but as soon as you release shift nothing happens... The animation just stops.
2. I find that when you're trying to select a source, you have to be really close to it. This causes plants to break without becoming a source. I also find that sometimes I need to look at a source a certain way in order to select it.

runefist

Verified Member
I found 2 issues with water wave:

1. If you hold shift and click a source, the animation appears but as soon as you release shift nothing happens... The animation just stops.
2. I find that when you're trying to select a source, you have to be really close to it. This causes plants to break without becoming a source. I also find that sometimes I need to look at a source a certain way in order to select it.
Yes, plus if you left click while it is circling around you it also won't work, so I think it has to do with making a new instance of the bending while the old one is active :)

Status
Not open for further replies.