• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Waterspout Sourcing Change/Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidal_Force

Verified Member
Hello, everyone. Recently, I've noticed an update take place that severely limits the functionality of waterspout and destroys what little was left of TLA spouting. As useful as sourcing from a spout seems to be on paper, it actually inhibits its functionality. Not only does it conflict with many add-on moves, like maelstrom, it additionally makes it so that a high spout isn't even useful. Side-hitting is nearly impossible, now, because sourcing from the water below your spout is ridiculously difficult. I would like to suggest a removal or change to it. The small changes I propose will be listed below:

1) Make it so that watermanipulation and icespike do not source from your spout.

OR

2) Create an option of being able to turn spout sourcing on and off. This would make for very interesting gameplay.

Please, save what is left of TLA spouting. Most waterbenders fight on land, regardless of the situation. Why punish those that wish to use spout? Thank you, to any and all who read this suggestion.

Last edited:

Sorin

Verified Member
1) It would not be hard to code, you just check for the instance of the move...

I personally like the sourcing from the waterspout, so I would have to disagree here, but a toggle option would be ok with me.

Tidal_Force

Verified Member
OK, edited. I thought that maybe you would have to create a special source block and use tons of case statements to determine what move was being used.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
In my opinion WaterSpout with sourcing is much better for many reasons. All those times you're on a high spout, where are you gonna get water to attack an airspouting bender or another waterspouter or an earthsmash coming at you.

Loony

Verified Member
Hello, everyone. Recently, I've noticed an update take place that severely limits the functionality of waterspout and destroys what little was left of TLA spouting. As useful as sourcing from a spout seems to be on paper, it actually inhibits its functionality. Not only does it conflict with many add-on moves, like maelstrom, it additionally makes it so that a high spout isn't even useful. Side-hitting is nearly impossible, now, because sourcing from the water below your spout is ridiculously difficult. I would like to suggest a removal or change to it. The small changes I propose will be listed below:

1) Make it so that watermanipulation and icespike do not source from your spout.

OR

2) Create an option of being able to turn spout sourcing on and off. This would make for very interesting gameplay.

Please, save what is left of TLA spouting. Most waterbenders fight on land, regardless of the situation. Why punish those that wish to use spout? Thank you, to any and all who read this suggestion.
This was a bug and you know it was because I told you it was when we first found it. Suggestion denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.