• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WaterManip/IceSpike + PhaseChange = Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Element: Water
Ability: WaterManipulatio; IceSpike
Use: When you lauch a watermanipulation attack ,you could then switch to phasechange and left-click tap to freeze(turn into ice) it while it goes to the targed. In its ice state, the frozen watermanipulation would act as a icespike projectile and would deal a same amout of damage as regular launched icespike. If you tap shift with phasechange while aiming at a icespike (while it is launched), it would change into its water state and would deal the same amout of damage as a watermanipulation does. Another that i just by now thought of, is if you left-click with phasechange selected while aiming at your launched icespike projectile,it would then disappear in thin air(as it vapourised into steam), this would be beneficial if you click on your ally by accident so you could stop/block your attack.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Either way icespike into water state would cause knocback ,like with watermanipulation in ice state, or leave as it is (causes half an heart damage)

Loony

Verified Member
I like the idea of being able to change between solid and liquid within ice spike and water manipulation, but from your description it wouldn't be worth doing. A move that does no damage and only a little bit of knockback wouldnt be used.

To change your idea;
Send a water manipulation/ice spike, shift or click with phase change to switch between solid and liquid form.
The moves do the same as ice spike and water manipulation, depending on which one you changed to.

As for the evaporating water idea, you can just redirect it away from your ally by continuously clicking.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I like the idea of being able to change between solid and liquid within ice spike and water manipulation, but from your description it wouldn't be worth doing. A move that does no damage and only a little bit of knockback wouldnt be used.

To change your idea;
Send a water manipulation/ice spike, shift or click with phase change to switch between solid and liquid form.
The moves do the same as ice spike and water manipulation, depending on which one you changed to.

As for the evaporating water idea, you can just redirect it away from your ally by continuously clicking.
As i imagine watermanipulation as a cut solution/property to it ,as the simple water wouldn't cuz much harm, as ice block is more solid thing to cause knockback rather of then impact the chance the injure .

The water and ices differs from each other ,so their have atleast some diffrer property to it. Even tho, whats the use of it be changing the state of it ,if it does the same thing?

I guess so. But would you able to redirect it while its far away from you that you have shot in?

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
What's the use in the combo in the first place if it's weaker than the origional move?
I said it could be change either to the combo with phasechange or added as a feature for prexisting watermanipulation&icespike (that reminded me to change the name tobthis thread applying to icespike aswell)

Pur3_Fox

Verified Member
Element: Water
Ability: WaterManipulatio; IceSpike
Use: When you lauch a watermanipulation attack ,you could then switch to phasechange and left-click tap to freeze(turn into ice) it while it goes to the targed. In its ice state, the frozen watermanipulation would act as a icespike projectile and would deal a same amout of damage as regular launched icespike. If you tap shift with phasechange while aiming at a icespike (while it is launched), it would change into water state and would deal half an heart to the target. Another that i just by now thought of, is if you hold shift while using watermanip ,it would then disappear in thin air(as it vapourised into steam), this would be beneficial if you click on your ally by accident so you could stop/block your attack. This could be either change into combo with phasechange ability ,as you would need to click the proper button(the same as you would normally change the water state) with it instead of clicking with those abilities that i have described. This would make up the small concept of changing your defense into water visa versa as a waterbender
Is it op?: I won't say so, as the watermanip-ice knockback would cause problem with spamming as your not killing your opponent and icespike-water is not that spammable (by default).

I hope i explained well what i wanted ,as my english is not my native language as you can see :) :/
i think using phasechange to disapate water mid air would be a great idea but atm we can usee both moves after eachother and if skilled enough you can make a bit of a water/ice show with the combination of watermanip and icespike :D:D i still think we need combination moves, or the ability to bind two moves to slots in the hotbar, that being said ONLY make certain moves compatible with eachother (non-compat moves could just be bound over the original slot)

HydroMan

Verified Member
Can icespike be redirecting? I added that you can vapour it by left-clicking your icespike ,which will cause it to disapear.

HydroMan

Verified Member
i think using phasechange to disapate water mid air would be a great idea but atm we can usee both moves after eachother and if skilled enough you can make a bit of a water/ice show with the combination of watermanip and icespike :D:D i still think we need combination moves, or the ability to bind two moves to slots in the hotbar, that being said ONLY make certain moves compatible with eachother (non-compat moves could just be bound over the original slot)
Can icespike be redirecting? I added that you can vapour it by left-clicking your icespike ,which will cause it to disapear.

Pur3_Fox

Verified Member
yh
its redirectable its the exact same as watermanip but icey, id recommend maybe making an addon to phasechange to melt the ice into water if used once (but the water keeeps flying) then water into steam :D:D

Pur3_Fox

Verified Member
and maybe with watermanip add-on that makes water spouts pop out of the water like icespike does with ice? :D:D:D?

Pur3_Fox

Verified Member
we definatly need a watermove to push people in the air with a water manip type thing i cant remember the proper name for it :s

HydroMan

Verified Member
yh

its redirectable its the exact same as watermanip but icey, id recommend maybe making an addon to phasechange to melt the ice into water if used once (but the water keeeps flying) then water into steam :D:D
I just now mentioned in my edit. Read the post again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.