• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied WaterCombo: BodyBubble

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
This is very first suggestion ,so i doubt this move/combo wouldn't be added anyway (since nobody has had added or suggest as far as i could seen). Basically ,this move would be used as an utility for waterbenders where they can (while frozen in ice underwater) unfreeze the water ,in the spot in which they are standing ,but around the water is left frozen.How this would work: When the player does this combo successfully while frozen in ice ,2 block high ice that is 1 block wide will begin turning into water at the spot he/she is standing(if the body is submerged in it)) ,then by sneaking and/or facing the 2 block stacked ice infront,that part of ice will start turning into water ,making an entry along patch if done repeatedly. If the waterbender reaches the other player in 2-3 block radius (that is imprisoned in ice as well) while the combo is in used ,the ice around the player will melt (mhh about 4x4 block?), so the user must be carefull while using this combo. This combo last only 14 sec. (or less). Downside: When the user has this combo enabled ,he/she cant activate waterbubble ,in order to not make this move not to op

ComboActivation: WaterBubble(l-click)> PhaseChange(l-click| the ice has to be already frozen before doing this combo ,otherwise it wont work)> Ice melts if ur body is submerged whith it is/combo activates!> WaterBubble(shift) the ice 2 block tall ur facing will melt

Cannon: Starts at 4:52

Any thoughts about it? any improvements on this combo? Also help me suggest a new name for this combo ,cuz this doesnt fit it very well ,and it looks horrible :p

Last edited:

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Could you give examples of when this would be useful in a fight or in the wild? I understand how it could be used, but I'm still a bit unsure about the why someone would use it...

HydroMan

Verified Member
Could you give examples of when this would be useful in a fight or in the wild? I understand how it could be used, but I'm still a bit unsure about the why someone would use it...
Well ,in the show it used to chain azula ,but as i could think of one used for it in the PK ,it could make a good tragedy for tricking your oponents ,by luring them underwater ,and when they are about to strike ,you could just freeze them ,then use this combo to escape or might a sneak attack,while keeping the opponets trap ,instead of melting all the ice that releases all the players from ice and easily killed,tho am not sure if this move should be in RPG or CORE

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I'm not entirely sure how you could trick opponents to follow a water bender into a body of water. The only thing that I see this being used for is when another water bender traps you in a block of ice, but you can already use PhaseChange to escape that. At best, this might be considered as a simple add-on for phase change. :|

HydroMan

Verified Member
IThe only thing that I see this being used for is when another water bender traps you in a block of ice, but you can already use PhaseChange to escape that.
But with this ,you can move around through ice without needing to melt it (phasechange). And with this you can leave your opponents imprisoned in ice ,while u escape safetly .Has i said ,this doesnt freeze the ice,the combo that includes left clicking with phasechange ,you need to click on the pr-existing ice to make it so it activates this combo

At best, this might be considered as a simple add-on for phase change. :|
add or not ,i still would wanna have it :D

EDIT: i think with this combo they can find some uses to it ,even tho its similar to waterbubble with the ice being diffrence

Last edited:

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
But with this ,you can move around through ice without needing to melt it (phasechange). And with this you can leave your opponents imprisoned in ice ,while u escape safetly .Has i said ,this doesnt freeze the ice,the combo that includes left clicking with phasechange ,you need to click on the pr-existing ice to make it so it activates this combo
First, I understand how the move/combo works, I am not confused on any part of that. But what benefits would moving through ice give to the player as oppose to just melting it? Also, how would someone freeze themselves and someone else? Like how would a player manage to do that whit Phase Change? It's pretty easy to just freeze someone using torrent or surge, you wouldn't normally be using phase change to freeze someone.

HydroMan

Verified Member
you can freeze your oponents normally ,then you can use this combo to go thorught the ice to the oponnent and that way attack them if they dont have the ability to melt the ice and escape

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
You could also us Octopus Form, which gets rid of ice that is in its way, allowing you to freely attack the enemy with stronger punches. No combos required

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
This could be useful if you used torrent to freeze yourself and the opponent, then you could get out quickly without thawing everything.. This comes in handy if you're low on health and need time to go and heal.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
This could be useful if you used torrent to freeze yourself and the opponent, then you could get out quickly without thawing everything.. This comes in handy if you're low on health and need time to go and heal.
How would you freeze both yourself and your opponent? And in what situation do you need to quickly heal, but instead of thawing everything at once, you slowly swim out of the ice that you're stuck in?

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
How would you freeze both yourself and your opponent? And in what situation do you need to quickly heal, but instead of thawing everything at once, you slowly swim out of the ice that you're stuck in?
Well if you try to thaw yourself out of the torrent ice, it also releases your target..

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Well if you try to thaw yourself out of the torrent ice, it also releases your target..
You didn't really answer my question. I asked how someone could freeze themselves and their target. I've never experienced or seen that happen. Maybe this move should be changed as an add-on to the water bending passive, so when you are fast swimming and you run into ice, you move through it at a normal swimming rate, or maybe just a bit faster.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
You didn't really answer my question. I asked how someone could freeze themselves and their target. I've never experienced or seen that happen. Maybe this move should be changed as an add-on to the water bending passive, so when you are fast swimming and you run into ice, you move through it at a normal swimming rate, or maybe just a bit faster.
If you're caught on land while fighting a chiblocker, and you send a surge at them to freeze them it very well can freeze you both..

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
If you're caught on land while fighting a chiblocker, and you send a surge at them to freeze them it very well can freeze you both..
I have honestly never, ever, ever, ever, ever seen this happen. If this happens to you, then you might want to consider changing you bending style. Any who, I still think that what I said earlier should be considered for this thread:
Maybe this move should be changed as an add-on to the water bending passive, so when you are fast swimming and you run into ice, you move through it at a normal swimming rate, or maybe just a bit faster.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
I'm typing, and some brain dead fool comes along and tries to type kill me. I submerge and use this.

I like it, and don't like it. Pretty useless, but also extremely useful for something that can already be solved thru different methods.

HydroMan

Verified Member
You could also us Octopus Form, which gets rid of ice that is in its way, allowing you to freely attack the enemy with stronger punches. No combos required
i thought it could only freeze the water. Still ,it would be great to be an try-on for waterbenders ,as to act the serie on the cannon. Do you think should this be added to RPG thread instead of Core ,or to be it as add-on combo?

Sorin

Verified Member
I like it, It would be a nice add-on, but i really don't think it should be a combo....... Still love the idea of the move/add-on but a combo wouldn't be the best general idea.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I like it, It would be a nice add-on, but i really don't think it should be a combo....... Still love the idea of the move/add-on but a combo wouldn't be the best general idea.
I thought this as combo ,so that it wont take a slot which we are now lacking for them

Status
Not open for further replies.