• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied WaterBubble Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Left Click or Sneak? That is the question.
    • Remember the time when users could ride horses under the sea? That was dope!
      • So why not allow the users to either left click as an alternative method? With every left click, you sustain the bubble for some duration. You can can freely ride a mob (pig, llama, horse) through this click of a mode.
      • Sneak would be the alternative option of creating the bubble. The Reason I'm leaving it so that you could break and build blocks intuitively without messing the builds up.
  • The Bubble Size should be determined by the oxygen quantity.
    • Somebody complained that water|air-bubble is unrealistic due to allowing those tbenders create a bubble out of just "void". Now to add it to that, I think the bubble radius should be set based of how many air and transparent are near the user.
      • For example, let's say your in a dead end: You're in a 2x1x2 air pocket arched space, with one side covered by a wall, and the other obscured by a water. If you went in, activated waterbubble, this should create a 2x1x2 bubble around you as go along.
  • Passive/Extention that gives "Water Breathing" status affect in an aura effect.
    • Like how Korra has done, this passive , only applied to this ability, would provide you and your allies that status effect in a very small radius.
      • This passive could also have a duration when active in water.

xNuminousx

Remember the time when users could ride horses under the sea? That was dope!
And also sort of helps to include the idea that Aang/Katara rode Appa underwater and Korra took Naga underwater! :D

So why not allow the users to either left click as an alternative method?
Well as I agree you should be able to ride things underwater, it does take a concentration to maintain the bubble. I've seen you several times say that a shift represents the concentration of the bender, we need something to resemble their concentration on keeping the bubble in place. However, there is no way to resemble both their concentration AND be able to ride things underwater. When we saw benders use this move in the show, they were never able to execute tasks while they bended the bubble. For instance, Katara at Serpents Pass (I think that's the places name). She had to concentrate on the bubble the entire time and I believe once her mind was distracted, the bubble was destroyed and Toph had to shoot everyone up (I feel like I could be completely making this up, I haven't seen that episode since like 2009-2010 lol). I guess we have to choose what we want more: To show the realistic style of the bending, or to have a more useful version of it. Both I wouldn't mind having.

The Bubble Size should be determined by the oxygen quantity.
This is very interesting to me..... Perhaps we could see water being pushed in other places to fill this "void" area? Notice, if you fill up space in one side of a bowl of water, the water fills the other side. So if you click/shift/whatever to activate the bubble, we should also see the water being "pushed" in the opposite direction of the user to show the water taking up space and to be correct according to laws of physics. Mass cannot be created nor destroyed! Although, not sure how this would turn out in Minecraft....

I think the bubble radius should be set based of how many air and transparent are near the user.
Personally I feel the bubble size should be lessened period. Also, it should get smaller as you progress deeper into the "ocean" or whatever body of water you're in. Pressure underwater increases depending on how deep you are. So as a waterbender, the bubble would be harder and hard to keep up the deeper you go correct?

Like how Korra has done, this passive , only applied to this ability, would provide you and your allies that status effect in a very small radius.
This is to resemble a really small bubble or? I don't recall in the show waterbenders being able to breathe water, much less grant other people the power to breath water.... I'm confused on this part.

Well as I agree you should be able to ride things underwater, it does take a concentration to maintain the bubble. I've seen you several times say that a shift represents the concentration of the bender, we need something to resemble their concentration on keeping the bubble in place. However, there is no way to resemble both their concentration AND be able to ride things underwater. When we saw benders use this move in the show, they were never able to execute tasks while they bended the bubble. For instance, Katara at Serpents Pass (I think that's the places name). She had to concentrate on the bubble the entire time and I believe once her mind was distracted, the bubble was destroyed and Toph had to shoot everyone up (I feel like I could be completely making this up, I haven't seen that episode since like 2009-2010 lol). I guess we have to choose what we want more: To show the realistic style of the bending, or to have a more useful version of it. Both I wouldn't mind having.
You would have to spam left click, which is what exactly what Katara did: she spammed her left click to swoop her hands. I'm thinking should be sustain every 7 seconds per click. If click during that progressing, it should reset itself.
Personally I feel the bubble size should be lessened period. Also, it should get smaller as you progress deeper into the "ocean" or whatever body of water you're in. Pressure underwater increases depending on how deep you are. So as a waterbender, the bubble would be harder and hard to keep up the deeper you go correct?
Yeah, there is a "Bubble" suggestion by @Taiko the Waterbender that presented this idea in.
This is to resemble a really small bubble or? I don't recall in the show waterbenders being able to breathe water, much less grant other people the power to breath water.... I'm confused on this part.
Either an air block on their heads that follows around, or a status effect. I believe Korra did this with Mako and Asami.

xNuminousx

Either an air block on their heads that follows around, or a status effect. I believe Korra did this with Mako and Asami.
I'd say maybe 1 block on top, 1 block to all 4 sides (front, back, left, right) and 1 block in the center be Air. Makin a sort of half diamond shape around the heads of the user and should be enough to not be too glitchy

I think waterbubble could also effect snow and ice, but not the floor of those blocks (too much of overwhelming grief in my opinion). Or those blocks could be affected in a EarthTunnel fashion: only the cone-force focus is being affected rather of a omnidirectional aura in affect.

Why should I? As long this doesn't get a red label or don't hear CDs confirm that waterbubble is "absoliute", I should still keep an open mind of the possibility this becoming true.

I heard that you can ride a animal and use it simultaniously. Didn't have time to test it. I'm not comvinced by what you said. Nothing personal, but I rather hear from the pk's CIA (concept designers). We don't know anything about their plans, except that "many changes are happening" which is vague by itself. At least they could tell us what is not gonna change in this stable.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Last edited:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
WaterBubble already has most of these features.

Giving the passive bubble/waterbreathing effect is pointless now that you can maintain a bubble without sneaking.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.