• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Waterbending Ability- Potionbending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
In minecraft, potions are water-based. So, I suggest an ability where waterbenders can bend potions. If the potion is in their inventory, they can bend it in a fashion similar to watermanipulation. The waterbender would hold shift while the potion is in their inventory, and it would follow their cursor. Then, they click in the direction they want the potion to go, and if it hits a person (including the user), the player will gain the affects. if they release shift without clicking, the potion goes back to its bottle. Like most abilities, it can be blocked by shields and the like, and another waterbender can use the ability to take control of incoming potions launched and released by the first bender, and can control and re-launch the potion themselves. If they release shift without clicking, the potion will go to an empty bottle, or, if the user has none, will dissipate. Waterbenders cannot, however, bend metal poisons (see metal poison item). An in-show example of this is the time Katara waterbent several vats of perfume. While not exactly a potion, it is a water-based substance containing several other ingredients, like potions are.

Fuzzy

Verified Member
I can see where you are going with it and I like it! Earthbenders learned to manipulate metal by seeking out small pieces of earth within the purified sheets of earth. Waterbenders can mudbend by controlling the water within the moist dirt and bloodbend by controlling the water within a living thing, so it makes sense that Waterbenders could be able to manipulate the first ingredient within the potion. Very good idea :p

Moonelight

Verified Member
So Katara and Toph having a mud fight must have been an illusion.

Thats not mud bending, she threw mud into Toph's face. And if you watch closely Toph bends the mud off of her clarifying it is a Earth ability.
Also this around 12:37
That is just Rock and Water, which is how Toph helped her bend it back up. Katara was bending the water, and if you watch the water is filled with big rocks. Not mud in my opinion.
Aaaand here at like 10:00

LOL first of all that was polluted water :D
But Toph and Aang were bending the "mud" out of it while Katara was bending the water.

Still not convinced, sorry. But that doesn't mean I am right :)

HadesDude

Verified Member
Thats not mud bending, she threw mud into Toph's face. And if you watch closely Toph bends the mud off of her clarifying it is a Earth ability.

That is just Rock and Water, which is how Toph helped her bend it back up. Katara was bending the water, and if you watch the water is filled with big rocks. Not mud in my opinion.

LOL first of all that was polluted water :D
But Toph and Aang were bending the "mud" out of it while Katara was bending the water.

Still not convinced, sorry. But that doesn't mean I am right :)
From the Avatar Wiki:

"Solutions: It has been shown that waterbenders can manipulate any mass of liquid consisting of some water. For example, Katara bent the contents of the abbey's perfume vats. She used waterbending to stir and ladle stew into bowls, to spill ink out of a bowl, and to bend the water inside mud as well. Katara halted the flow of the slurry on the back of the drill to prevent Ty Lee from following her, and, with Toph's aid, they were able to push the slurry back into the drill. Katara was seen bending mud when she and Toph ended up fighting when they were supposed to be training Aang, and she bent soup right into Appa's mouth from a pot. Katara bent ink to make a Fire Nation official leave the room so she and Zuko could search through the files about the current location of the Southern Raiders. Aang thought of using "gluebending" to defeat Ozai, suggesting that a waterbender can bend glue."

Moonelight

Verified Member
From the Avatar Wiki:

"Solutions: It has been shown that waterbenders can manipulate any mass of liquid consisting of some water. For example, Katara bent the contents of the abbey's perfume vats. She used waterbending to stir and ladle stew into bowls, to spill ink out of a bowl, and to bend the water inside mud as well. Katara halted the flow of the slurry on the back of the drill to prevent Ty Lee from following her, and, with Toph's aid, they were able to push the slurry back into the drill. Katara was seen bending mud when she and Toph ended up fighting when they were supposed to be training Aang, and she bent soup right into Appa's mouth from a pot. Katara bent ink to make a Fire Nation official leave the room so she and Zuko could search through the files about the current location of the Southern Raiders. Aang thought of using "gluebending" to defeat Ozai, suggesting that a waterbender can bend glue."
Okay, cool.
still it's wiki and I'd like to leave my opinion where it is.

Tony

Verified Member
Okay, cool.
Yeah she did bend the perfume and the first video is most definitely mud. I just think you are in denial about it.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Yeah she did bend the perfume and the first video is most definitely mud. I just think you are in denial about it.
hey hey hey, I don't mind it :3
I also think that potion bending sounds fun, totally not against the suggestion :x

owlcool

Verified Member
Okay, cool.
I hate to break it to you, but the notion has been in place for a long time and there is nothing to straight up make mudbending just earthbending, I believe fly is just a earthbending user that just wants mudbending for earth. Before you call me biased, I use all the elements, and main fire. Not exactly the most biased guy there is. Besides, the mud was moving too fast in the first video to have just been thrown mud, (Katara isn't exactly a pro athlete in any standards,) and the mud Katara was using moved faster then the mud toph was bending. Another point to help prove that is, water is usually bent with the hands, earth with the feet. Waterbending is a more dynamic art, and this is a part where it is represented. And before you say that Katara did not mudbend the mud off her, the mud looks pretty dry to me.

Second video I don't believe that was mud, but that was a solution made of rock and water according to sokka and it did prove that waterbenders could bend solutions with earth in it. Again, nothing to make you believe otherwise. Around 13:10 in that video katara lost some of the some that was on her, that could either mean the solution was soluted with water enough for just the water part to have fallen off, or that katara bent some of it off. 13:15 katara bent the solution, by herself meaning that waterbending solutions with at least some water in them, even if they have earth in them, is possible. The earthbender bends the earth in mud, the waterbender bends the water in mud.

At 1:55 in the third video, katara bends severely polluted lake water, closer to just straight up mud for additional points. Polluted enough toph could bend the water by herself, I think it should count as mud.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Okay, since people are obviously still at trying to make me believe this, let me just make it clear that I don't mind mud bending from two elements.
I just think you are in denial about it.
Partially, but most of the reason I wasn't agreeing to it is because I don't want something Earth Like being placed in a Waterbending category. The potion bending sounds cool, but it definitely should have its limits. Because given that in ATLA there were no potions I doubt there is any more of a way to support this idea than the Idea of perfume bending.
I hate to break it to you, but the notion has been in place for a long time and there is nothing to straight up make mudbending just earthbending, I believe fly is just a earthbending user that just wants mudbending for earth. Before you call me biased, I use all the elements, and main fire. Not exactly the most biased guy there is. Besides, the mud was moving too fast in the first video to have just been thrown mud, (Katara isn't exactly a pro athlete in any standards,) and the mud Katara was using moved faster then the mud toph was bending. Another point to help prove that is, water is usually bent with the hands, earth with the feet. Waterbending is a more dynamic art, and this is a part where it is represented. And before you say that Katara did not mudbend the mud off her, the mud looks pretty dry to me.

Second video I don't believe that was mud, but that was a solution made of rock and water according to sokka and it did prove that waterbenders could bend solutions with earth in it. Again, nothing to make you believe otherwise. Around 13:10 in that video katara lost some of the some that was on her, that could either mean the solution was soluted with water enough for just the water part to have fallen off, or that katara bent some of it off. 13:15 katara bent the solution, by herself meaning that waterbending solutions with at least some water in them, even if they have earth in them, is possible. The earthbender bends the earth in mud, the waterbender bends the water in mud.

At 1:55 in the third video, katara bends severely polluted lake water, closer to just straight up mud for additional points. Polluted enough toph could bend the water by herself, I think it should count as mud.
Honestly, I didn't need you to go into the conversation. I already understand what was going on, so you basically just wrote that whole comment for nothing. You also quoted a post I made earlier instead of one of the more reasonable ones I had made.
I also recall that I already made a post describing from my point of view what happened in the video. So please, don't get into something you're not fully prepared for.

Better yet just don't get involved with my situations at all.

P.S. I use Fire as my main, I am a Avatar by choice though.

owlcool

Verified Member
Okay, since people are obviously still at trying to make me believe this, let me just make it clear that I don't mind mud bending from two elements.

Partially, but most of the reason I wasn't agreeing to it is because I don't want something Earth Like being placed in a Waterbending category. The potion bending sounds cool, but it definitely should have its limits. Because given that in ATLA there were no potions I doubt there is any more of a way to support this idea than the Idea of perfume bending.

Honestly, I didn't need you to go into the conversation. I already understand what was going on, so you basically just wrote that whole comment for nothing. You also quoted a post I made earlier instead of one of the more reasonable ones I had made.
I also recall that I already made a post describing from my point of view what happened in the video. So please, don't get into something you're not fully prepared for.

Better yet just don't get involved with my situations at all.

P.S. I use Fire as my main, I am a Avatar by choice though.
The show is over, it is time we start inventing some things that are possible, liiiiike a waterbender potion bending, potions are at least somewhat hard to get, and we can limit mud bending on both sides to a block like podzol or something somewhat rare. It is not like, Dirt block, waterbenders earthblast this at you now. So sry for quoting a post. And sry for posting on a thread that I am already watching responding to a argument that exists after I started following it. Sooooooo sry.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
Okay, cool.
C'mon, man. Its shown to be fact on the wiki that waterbenders and earthbenders can both manipulate mud. denying that is like me denying Korrasami (yes, I am one of the few Korrasami deniers, not because of any prejudice at all, just because I feel they didn't play it out right, and that Mako and Korra should have ended up together, plus, I hate shipping). I can deny it all I want, but its pretty clear that it is truth. (I still deny it though).
The show is over, it is time we start inventing some things that are possible, liiiiike a waterbender potion bending, potions are at least somewhat hard to get, and we can limit mud bending on both sides to a block like podzol or something somewhat rare. It is not like, Dirt block, waterbenders earthblast this at you now. So sry for quoting a post. And sry for posting on a thread that I am already watching responding to a argument that exists after I started following it. Sooooooo sry.
I completely agree. This has been my mentality; because the show is over, we are going to have to start coming up with our own bending ideas that could be considered possible, even if never shown.

Moonelight

Verified Member
C'mon, man. Its shown to be fact on the wiki that waterbenders and earthbenders can both manipulate mud. denying that is like me denying Korrasami (yes, I am one of the few Korrasami deniers, not because of any prejudice at all, just because I feel they didn't play it out right, and that Mako and Korra should have ended up together, plus, I hate shipping). I can deny it all I want, but its pretty clear that it is truth. (I still deny it though).

I completely agree. This has been my mentality; because the show is over, we are going to have to start coming up with our own bending ideas that could be considered possible, even if never shown.
Read all of my comments, this is irritating me.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I've already stated the thing you started with this paragraph and I totally agree with it, but it seems out of the blue when you come in and start to assume things :/. And yes I will stay to my opinion that I don't think you should of come into the "argument". Although I see your point, it would of been better to stay out to prevent it from getting larger.

Moonelight

Verified Member
There, those are my final words on this thread.
Goodluck with the idea, it is a very nice concept and I hope it makes it.

owlcool

Verified Member
I've already stated the thing you started with this paragraph and I totally agree with it, but it seems out of the blue when you come in and start to assume things :/. And yes I will stay to my opinion that I don't think you should of come into the "argument". Although I see your point, it would of been better to stay out to prevent it from getting larger.
When did he assume anything? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.