• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WaterArms through bottles use

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Similar principle how waterspout doesn't work with bottles, so should waterarms not work in a different principle. Here's how; if the bender has 2 waterbottles, (s)he will get only 1 waterarm in a random arm (same penalties you get when having one tendril after shooting the first one as a spear). Having 3 waterbottles will activate the fully formed ability - with 2 tendrils.

Here's a weaker version of waterarms when lacking on the amount of waterbottles I had specified. (1 waterbottle for clarificiation) the waterbender will get a block ,which is the id of a water block, in his hovered hand slot. Unlike the stronger version of waterarms, the binded abilities won't change into multiabilities upon activation of this version ability. While having the, my so called, WaterBoxing technique in used, a player can deal a greater damage when punching with this water block in hand than of a regular bare hand punch (if the current ability's config value have a difference for the punch multiability, applied that instead to this punch).
"Water boxing: To perform the technique, a waterbender surrounds their fist with a small amount of water and punches their opponent. This move was used by Tahno in a match against the Fire Ferrets.[36]" Taken from: http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Waterbending

Right Clicking while having WaterHands sustained, the water blocks will turn into ice. With IceGauntlet, you deal much greater damage than of the liquid glove variation. Shifting will turn it back into water and so on.
"Ice gauntlet: Similar in technique to the ice claws, a waterbender can freeze water around their hands and turn it into a sharp spike that can be used to scale mountains or impale their opponent. Tonraq made use of this in his battle with Zaheer on Laghima's Peak.[15]" - Also taken from: http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Waterbending

When toggling on the off-hand while having one of these blocks in main hand, this will create another copy of that block to the left hand. Having them in both hands gives the advantage to punch any living creature without a delay, by left clicking than right clicking in a rapid succession.

To deactive ability, simply switch to another slot.

ETA: When having two IceGauntlet in hands, a player can climb any vertical surfaces that are consider pierceable. To accomplish this feat, the player must either left or right click with the ice block in hand. This would "stick" the player's upper body to the block that was punched at. With another mouse key, click on another block to start climbing in the direction the player intents to. Continue alternate clicking opposite keys to reach your desirable destination.

Inspiration: http://projectkorra.com/posts/54589/ Improved it into my liking. His was pretty dumb, which states that it can be conjured out of thin air without any actual water.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well that's not very nice...
Mine's is a lot different than his, but the same idea stays. If you click the link, checked and compared it with my one, you could see it they aren't completely alike by their ability's source and function.

jedk1

Mine's is a lot different than his, but the same idea stays. If you click the link, checked and compared it with my one, you could see it they aren't completely alike by their ability's source and function.
I'm referring to the fact you are calling him dumb because you don't agree with his ideas. I don't agree with your ideas. Does that make you dumb? No. It doesn't. Please don't disrespect other members of the community.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
I really like this idea (even if it wasn't yours). This is very organized and very cannon. I think this should be implemented.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I had realized that the waterbender used 3 water pouches, so I'm just changing the value to 3 bottles for the requirement of full formed waterarms; 2 bottles making only the pair of it, 1 watergloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.