• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied (Water) Surge and right Click

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
When right clicking while
Releasing sneak after the shield is formed and flowing: the water from the shield should
  • Drop completely and place the water blocks, only If the ability detects adjacent a hole (no limits to its depth size) to the Surge's close construct shape (ranging from 1x1 to 5x5: since its size may vary by the POV's position)
  • Drop completely with the animation of 'shrinking down' (don't know the term of the mechanic, which/but it happens when the flowing water has no adjacent stationary type-of to support it), but it won't spread (for the sake of preventing flood-abuse-issued tactics)
Application for this extention:
  • "Carry" water (if you will) and to fill in multiple blocks that form a ditch at once, without the need of a bucket and its spamming usage. [Utility-survival aspect]
  • Allow players to fix block disappearance glitches, without overly-relyig on doing manually arena resets.
  • Again, back to #1 which details in qualifying building playstyle aspect.
  • Extinguish fires without accidently pushing anyone away.
P.S Placed water should become temporal blocks If revert option happens to be set on.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Well since the click version is already being used to freeze/melt the surge, shouldn't it be when you release shift? You have to hold shift to get the surge shield at all, then release shift to drop it, and then click to phase change it.

I tried to understand your suggestion lol

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Right click doesn't do anything at the moment. Your probably mixing it with LEFT click, which does freeze it.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Right click doesn't do anything at the moment. Your probably mixing it with LEFT click, which does freeze it.
Oh you're wanting Right-Clicking...... I still think it should be a shift release.... The shift release would resemble dropping the move more than a right click (Which doesn't swing your arms as far as I can recall). And as far as manipulating a blob that's NOT going to be used as a shield, I think that should be a part of Water Manipulation.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You're right about sneak, so ok... Sneak shall it be *changes the title*

Watermanipulation?
  1. I already planned for watermanipulation to grab ONE block.
  2. Watermanipulation doesn't control a blob, but only a small ball.
  3. Names not always imply their function.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I was basically saying Watermanipulation needs to be more diverse. The name for it IS very diverse so... The name SHOULD imply it's function.
I did numerious suggestion to make it leave to its name, like the capability to move a water block with LMB>>SNEAK.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
While this is a nice idea this could interfere with fast paced combat. It also doesn't fit in with Surge's Theme whatsoever, it would make more sense to either make it a separate move or add it into water manipulation if the idea was more polished.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.