• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

+Water +Plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Psic

Verified Member
Need space, removed Important Notes :p
Suggestion to how abilities would be supposed to look:´
(Green glass = mass leaf break particles)
http://imgur.com/a/ByTpX

Water Combo:
Water Control:
Focusing the water around you, you can now use your mind to bend, keeping water behind you and using it efficiently.
(You're now able to switch slots without losing your water as long as you keep "holding shift",it always returns upon reaching max range)
Water manipulation
(Click) - Torrent (Hold Shift) OR IceSpike (Click) - Torrent (Hold Shift) for a frozen version.

Additionally
you gain additional combos-
Water Control Combos:
Switching to phasechange while using a channeled ability will turn the channeled abilitys water to Ice(vice versa for frozen version).
Switching to waterfocus click,switching to phasechange and click will create snow in a very large area but dispatching water control.
Hold-Shift 2xClicking with Water Arms returns the water instead of disappearing.
Switching to HealingWaters also grants WaterDrain.
Torrent UnShifting will cause it to create a WaterWave beneath you.
Waterspout becomes Water Stream.
Water Fleet 1st effect becomes a passive(Walking.)

Water Stream:
(Only works if WaterControl is active)
RightClick Toggle:Focus the water to keep it around your feet,providing quick movement around walls.

LeftClick to throw streams of water at your target flooding an area(3 max),press shift to return them.
@Each stream deals 1Damage per hit and can multi-hit, has no cooldown so 3(The max) can be sent at the same time,This ability is supposed to be loop-able returning a stream and sending another.

---Huge water stream: Press shift to create a huge stream of water, carrying anyone with it(hits) dealing damage overtime, clicking will freeze it temporarily,press shift to unfreeze it early and/or return it,
@Huge Water Stream can be intercepted by other waterbenders,it deals 5Damage and 1Damage OverTime
While carrying someone, you can hold shift click to throw them downwards.
--------Hold shift to create a surge shield,Click to throw it as a huge water stream.
---------------Stream Jet: HoldShift+RightClickt to raise yourself in the water,hold shift click to ground, creatures withing the stream are dealt heavy damage.
@Deals 4Damage for creatures within the stream per 2 seconds.

Water Drain:
(Only works if WaterControl is active)
Drain all the water around you, to surround you, you can drown yourself so be carefull, other waterbenders can use this water.
--Shift to throw high pressure water agaisnt your target dealing huge knockback,this will not dispatch the water but instead flood the area temporarly,holding shift will return the water.
@Deals no damage but has huge knockback.

--------HoldShift to turn it into ice making a BigIceRamp thrown where you are currently looking and dealing massive damage freezing enemies caught, HoldShift+click to revert it to water.
@Deals 7Damage and has no knockback.
Water Combo:
Water Emplosion:
Torrent(Hold Shift) + Phasechange (click) + Torrent (releast shift)
In a large pool of watersources(plants,Ice) only.A Water Blob will appear above you.
-You can click to shoot small water shots knocking back whatever it hits.

-----Holding shift and clicking will throw the water ball, if it hits anything it will flood the area for a couple of seconds,dealing heavy damage
@Deals 4Damage and Inflicts slowness I

Water Focus: (Focus)
By meditating you can now control the water in the grass and air,gaining small bits of water over time.
Hold-Shift(12 seconds to create+2Damage per Second After):A water source is created, you will take damage the longer you hold shift due to extreme exhaustion
but the more damage you take the more water sources you can create.
Using this in the rain or underwater gives it additional effects:
-By clicking your target, you use the water around him to bubble hes head, inflicting drowning damage.
-Holding shift will surround you in water instead of creating a water source,clicking will freeze it and switching slots will slowly dissipate the water around you.

Ice Ramp:
While ontop of Water/Ice:Shifting with this ability will cause you to surround target area in a 3x3 Ice Area.
If you click while looking at a watersource and then shift at a target area,1 Ice ramp will push all blocks but freeze all entities.

Water combo:
Big Ice Ramp:
Ice Ramp(Hold Shift)+Iceblast(click)+IceRamp(Releast Shift)
Forms a BigIceRamp thrown where you are currently looking and dealing massive damage freezing enemies caught, if it would be unfrozen it turns into water instead.
@Deals 7Damage and has no knockback.
Water Fleet:
Click (Toggle) ,while looking at a water source or if you have water in your inventory:
Control tiny bits of water to improve movement, gaining additional SpeedI and extinguishing fire and lava temporarily.
Gain the ability to walk on water unless shifting if Toggled On.

Sweat: (Focus only while shifting)
--While Holding Shift:
If you take damage, you gain 1 water use.
--Spamming Shift:
You gain 1 water use.
--While sprinting

If you Sprint for at least 7 seconds:
You gain 1 Water use.
Fills bottles if holding any.

ShapeWater:
Hold Shift while close to water to form a tentacle of water(1sec to form)
After:Click to throw small bits of water.(1 damage)
Tap Shift to throw the tentacle in target area,if you:
-Tap shift while the tentacle is travelling it will freeze upon contact
-Click the tentacle will try to go back to its original place
Click on a watersource and then tap shift to form lightning fast whips of water, tearing apart anything it hits(1 heart per whip,total of 5 whips)

Blood Focus: (Focus)
FORBIDDEN
Press shift while looking at your target will make you focus on your target, clicking will disable the targets ability to move,clicking again will spread the body liquids all over
the body giving them a painfull but instant death.
Holding shift will make you unable to move but any creature within a short range will be paralyzed,clicking will spread the body liquids all over
their body giving them a painfull but instant death but dealing damage to you and paralyzing yourself do to fatigue.

Plants should all be about moving the plant itself so Combos are more appropriate than the ability itself
Plant Combo:
Plant Twisting:
Using any large area with plants around, you can:
Now use Plant based moves without losing your focus or having to select them as a source:Click Toggle
Hold Shift to focus plants on a target area,growing in size.
@Meaning any plants around will do what they're told, you don't need to select them as a source, for single
abilities like Whip the closest is the one that moves.

Plant Combo:
Monstrosity (Focus)
(Starting:5 blocks high 4 blocks round,leaves)
You bend the plants to your will, make them twist and go round, around you:Click with Plant Twisting Active
Getting hit will decrease the height .

Similar to Water arms you switch slots to use different things.
1-Whip:Click to whip a target area dealing heavy damage, the block it touches vanishes from existence temporally. Rapidly Tap Shift to fast whip dealing no damage but pushing targets in.
@Deals 5Damage.But scales to 14Damage at maximum size.
2-Slap:Shift to do a vertical slash.
@Knockbacks vertically and deals 1Damage.

3-Twist: Shift to call upon nearby water/plants to move to target area increasing its height,looking down will increase the size of Monstrosity.
@The size maximum is 8 blocks.
4-Move: You can move while on plants or water with increased speed otherwise you will be slowed.
5-Grass Call:Click-All plants are rushed to target area grabbing creatures on their way,Shift while a creature/s are grabbed to surround them in leaves.
6-Need atleast 6Size-Leafurst:Shift-Bursts leaves everywhere,
@Deals 1Damage per leaf hit and decreases size by 1.
7-Need maximum size-VileCharge: Turns the ground into leaves,while you get boosted in a leafstream,if you hit anyone they will be leafstuck,This will dispatch Monstrosity.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Anyway, I'll try to read them all cuz I wanna be first to add my reply :'p
WaterFocus: Here a few complains I have...
  1. Why should the user must get damage if he holds shift?
  2. From where does the drowing effect takes appears?
  3. Surrouding the user in water doesn't make sense, as there are only 00.1% of moisture in thin air.

Water Emplosion:
  1. There is a watercombo called IceBullet
  2. This should be a combo.
  3. Why should it deal damage? It is completly a copy of a surge projectile. Making it deal damage feels wrong, as it is pretty much a huge ball of water makes abit op. Knockback should replace it is original aspect.

WaterFleet:
  1. Where does water come from? Why should it give additional speed?
  2. Why should it allow the user to walk on water?

Sweat:
  1. Will there be a cooldown?
  2. In General, I think waterbenders should only get sweat when they are sprinting for a certain amount of time. I think it should be a passive thing instead (also, lolwut, players can't sprint if you holding shift, so the move you describe won't work).

Last edited:

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Blood Focus is absolute BS. I'm sorry, but no normal bender should be able to 1 hit KO a person.
You'd have to sweat frigging BULLETS to fill a water bottle with it.
I'll post some more feedback later (For future reference, can you please at least split up some ideas into different threads instead of making a mega thread for an element? I'm pretty sure it's easier on the eyes for everyone..)

HydroMan

Verified Member
  3. Surrouding the user in water doesn't make sense, as there are only 00.1% of moisture in thin air.

Water Emplosion:
  3. Why should it deal damage? It is completly a copy of a surge projectile. Making it deal damage feels wrong, as it is pretty much a huge ball of water makes abit op. Knockback should replace it is original aspect.

WaterFleet:

Sweat:
  2. In General, I think waterbenders should only get sweat when they are sprinting for a certain amount of time. I think it should be a passive thing instead (also, lolwut, players can't sprint if you holding shift, so the move you describe won't work).
Will you answer my questions? If you gonna suggest moves, then atleast make them so they are logical and have some science in it.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I wouldn't mind if you spammed ProjectKorra's core suggestions individually because this is so much information to cram into one suggestion. I looked at the Imgur Album though, I'd say they look very natural and I like them. Though, I suggest to shorten the plantbending names Because it is just too long..

Da Psic

Verified Member

Water Emplosion:

WaterFleet:

Sweat:
Solved most of them,edited the page before.
There will be no cooldown for sweat or anything else unless specified.

Status
Not open for further replies.