• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

*Water Passive Ability* -IcePhase

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelloEnthusiast

Verified Member
I recently got to thinking about some of the battles that took place in The Last Airbender series. I remembered one specifically of Katara vs Azula at Agni Kai. Towards the end of the battle, Katara brought up a wave and froze both her and Azula in the ice. She then unfroze herself and was able to move around while Azula was still trapped in the ice.

This is were the suggestion comes in. This passive ability will allow waterbenders to be able to phase through ice (made by torrent, icewave, surge ect) while the other player that is possibly trapped in the ice cannot move. When you touch the ice, it will convert the ice into a 2x1 section of static water that you can walk in to get to the player that is trapped in ice. It later then will revert back into ice once it is not being touched by said waterbender (Or if it is heatcontroled/phasechanged away).

Note* Ice underneath or above a waterbender should not be affected by this ability.

However, this ability does have a close resemblance to what phasechange does, but this allows the waterbender easy access to someone in ice without the person being able to get away. Furthermore, the water returns back to ice, increasing the functionality of trapping players in ice and being able to get to them without having to use phasechange or octopusform. in order to attack them.

I am open to any suggestions or comments regarding changes/modifications to this ability.
Canon:

Last edited:

scalless

its not very op because u need ice to use it and a water or fire could get out right away or earth use lava pool to keep them away... and air sheild
it also dosent damage the player and is just a passive

KnRealm

Verified Member
If used correctly it would be incredibly overpowered but it is canon and has been talked about before by a few devs. I'd love to see it make it's way in but at the same time I feel as though it's a rather op.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
I mean, it would be fairly hard to make this is it not? You are saying, you want to phase change the blocks around you to water without the person getting away. How would they not escape?

CelloEnthusiast

Verified Member
The water would revert back to ice if the player is not touching the block. Also, most water moves need at east a 4 by 4 space to execute, so the most you could do to the person would be to punch or drown them/

KnRealm

Verified Member
The water would revert back to ice if the player is not touching the block. Also, most water moves need at east a 4 by 4 space to execute, so the most you could do to the person would be to punch or drown them/
Well, if someone was caught in ice and you IcePhased in with them you could instantly watermanip them to death however, I do like the mobility it would give waterbenders since my play style involves filling the arena with as much ice as possible and eventually just one-shotting my target via IceWall.

CelloEnthusiast

Verified Member
Oh, I looked through ten pages of the looking into suggestions and couldn't find anything similar to it so I assumed it hadn't been suggested yet. . Also, about the spamming water manipulqtion. You really can't because you need a space bigger then 3x1 to execute the move. I didn't think about the spamming to begin with because I play on a server where spamming moves is prohibited.

KnRealm

Verified Member
Oh, I looked through ten pages of the looking into suggestions and couldn't find anything similar to it so I assumed it hadn't been suggested yet. . Also, about the spamming water manipulqtion. You really can't because you need a space bigger then 3x1 to execute the move. I didn't think about the spamming to begin with because I play on a server where spamming moves is prohibited.
As far as I know there are very few servers with that rule in play. I should mention that OctopusForm in combination with any freeze can set up and instant kill so I guess this wouldn't really change water too much in that sense.

Verified Member
I recently got to thinking about some of the battles that took place in The Last Airbender series. I remembered one specifically of Katara vs Azula at Agni Kai. Towards the end of the battle, Katara brought up a wave and froze both her and Azula in the ice. She then unfroze herself and was able to move around while Azula was still trapped in the ice.

This is were the suggestion comes in. This passive ability will allow waterbenders to be able to phase through ice (made by torrent, icewave, surge ect) while the other player that is possibly trapped in the ice cannot move. When you touch the ice, it will convert the ice into a 2x1 section of static water that you can walk in to get to the player that is trapped in ice. It later then will revert back into ice once it is not being touched by said waterbender (Or if it is heatcontroled/phasechanged away).

Note* Ice underneath or above a waterbender should not be affected by this ability.

However, this ability does have a close resemblance to what phasechange does, but this allows the waterbender easy access to someone in ice without the person being able to get away. Furthermore, the water returns back to ice, increasing the functionality of trapping players in ice and being able to get to them without having to use phasechange or octopusform. in order to attack them.

I am open to any suggestions or comments regarding changes/modifications to this ability.
Canon:

LET'S DO IT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.