• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Water Gimbal (Not like Jedcore's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
How to Activate It?
With Torrent selected: Left click to select the source. Left click again to select another source (two blocks will be selected as bendable sources, while clicking the third one will reset back to one, selected a new one).

Hold sneak to shape and maintain it into two rotating diagonal rings from both sides around the user. In this form, it would act as a shield against Fireblast, Watermanipulation, and Earthblast.

Left click to shoot it. This will the change itself from defense to offense, dealing some damage&knockback (depending what values are defined in the configuration file) and block griefing (of course revertable, like how it is with firebending & earthbending). This Cannon will only go in a straight line. The Cannon would like the double helix, with multiple mesh waterblock's where used to fill gaps to make it look more circular

*Picture of the cannon soon*

I did suggest that the cannon should deal the exact amount of damage of the enemy's current selected ability, but none like that idea.

Application
  • A Combo that destroys blocks.
    • I know many have been suggested in the past, but this one fits as a realistic in the canon lore.
    • It's balance, since the cannon goes in straight line and it's vector cannot be manipulated.

NickC1211

Verified Member
This would be great but I think you should be able to shoot them separately as well for less power.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This would be great but I think you should be able to shoot them separately as well for less power.
What do you mean? I don't like it to turn out like Jedcore's. His is too spammable and powerful. Torrent imo is enough to be deadly.

Besides, allowing it to be seperately shoot is gimmicky and copycat of torrent.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Being able to shoot it separately allows it to be more "realistic" in letting the bender choose how they fight rather than the coder. If a bender wants to shoot it separately, they could. If they want to shoot it together then they could.

And if shooting it separately or not is the only thing keeping it from being like the one in JedCore, since that's one of the reasons you gave to not shooting them individually, then I'd change the title cause that's not a big difference. I see from the post that there are other features that make this stand out more, but you've seemed to emphasize the separate launching soooo meh.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Being able to shoot it separately allows it to be more "realistic" in letting the bender choose how they fight rather than the coder. If a bender wants to shoot it separately, they could. If they want to shoot it together then they could.
As long as seperate blasts still get to be fired in uncontrolable fashion (straight line), I'm fine with that. Also, it shoudn't freeze (we got enough freezing ways of freezing your opponent).

Though, it then leaves OctopusForm to be questionable. It forces the waterbender to attack everyone 360 degree instead of precise opponent.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I see from the post that there are other features that make this stand out more
Destroying blocks and straight line restricted blasts imo is what makes it stand out. I think that's what makes a worth of a combo title. It you want to go even more "balance" vision with this (If you still don't find it), make a penalty of not allowing the user to walk to have the construct be kept maintained.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So apart from the fact that this is literally an exact copy of Torrent's usage, so far you have gave nothing to differentiate it from a single torrent except for the double diagonal rings. Torrent's ring can block projectiles, and can become a massive wall that blocks bending.

This suggestion as it currently is is nothing more than a 2 torrents being used at the same time, it provides no special reason to be a combo except for the fact that it changes the environment but Torrent does that too, just differently.

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.