• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water - ColdStrike

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnRealm

Verified Member
Name: ColdStrike
Element: Water [Ice]
Description: ColdStrike would allow for a waterbender to create up to 3 shards of ice and then shoot off them whenever they wish dealing 3-4 damage per shard and slowing the target for up to 2.5 seconds

How this would work: Holding sneak for 3 seconds with ColdStrike selected would create a shard of ice to serve as ammunition for ColdStrike with a maximum of 3 shards at a time. These shards would be made up of white particles and float around the player until the player either died or used up the shards. Left clicking with ColdStrike selected would shoot 1 of the previously created ice shards wherever the player was looking and deal 3-4 damage to any entity it hit. At night if the player has 3 shards floating around them any entity within a 7 block radius would be chilled and get slowness II as long as they stayed near and all 3 shards were still around.

ColdStrike's cooldown would only be for creating shards, would be 15 seconds and would only trigger for every third shard the waterbender created.

If this seems too confusing I could attempt at making visuals to better explain the ability''s functions.

[P.S. I had another idea for an ability called IceBlade that could work along with ColdStrike]

If anyone has a question about ColdStrike that I forgot to mention or failed to simplify please feel free to ask.

[EDIT: Changed some things that didn't make sense (oops) and made the ability more balanced. Thanks for all the helpful feedback!]

Last edited:

Zafkiel

Verified Member
I'am not a concept designer but for me an Attack that do a significant amount of damage should not also have a powerful side effect like slowness but with some modification I think we can make it fit in the plugin.
I propose that each shard do 2 damage (if you can stack the 3 shards on an enemy he would take 6 points of damage which mean 3 hearts to give you an idea this is the same amount of damage that do Lightning) + slowness for up to 2 seconds . And if you keep the charge time of 3 sec and change the cooldown of 15 sec to 13 sec I think it will be reasonable :D.

I will explain why I've chosen the 3 sec charge time and the 13 sec cooldown Because I'm comparing it to lightning . lightning has a charge time of 3 seconds like this ability but it has no cooldown . So I took a 13 sec cooldown because I wanted to have a 10 sec cooldown (because of the side effect) but I must add 3 sec to the
cooldown so when you finish the charge time you would still have a 10 sec cooldown .

I hope you will understand it easily I must assume that I'm not very good at explaining something

orfeas

Verified Member
1.Where do you suport the fact that the victim hit will be slowed(ofc you can support that by talking about the other ice moves)
2.Ummmmm why does this exist:''At night if the player has 3 shards floating around them any entity within a 7 block radius would be chilled and get mining fatigue 2 as long as they stayed near and all 3 shards were still around.''It is not like the icebender is using frost breath,and he can not change the temperature of the air soo yeah.
3.This looks a lot like the ispike move and the icebullets combo(like a short cut)

KnRealm

Verified Member
I'am not a concept designer but for me an Attack that do a significant amount of damage should not also have a powerful side effect like slowness but with some modification I think we can make it fit in the plugin.
I propose that each shard do 2 damage (if you can stack the 3 shards on an enemy he would take 6 points of damage which mean 3 hearts to give you an idea this is the same amount of damage that do Lightning) + slowness for up to 2 seconds . And if you keep the charge time of 3 sec and change the cooldown of 15 sec to 13 sec I think it will be reasonable :D.

I will explain why I've chosen the 3 sec charge time and the 13 sec cooldown Because I'm comparing it to lightning . lightning has a charge time of 3 seconds like this ability but it has no cooldown . So I took a 13 sec cooldown because I wanted to have a 10 sec cooldown (because of the side effect) but I must add 3 sec to the
cooldown so when you finish the charge time you would still have a 10 sec cooldown .

I hope you will understand it easily I must assume that I'm not very good at explaining something
I really wasn't sure whether the slow was over powered or not. I do understand what you are getting at though, removing or maybe simply shortening the duration of the slowness would make sense though, my intention with ColdStrike was to make an ability that would allow waterbenders to initiate a fight and stay at their full power the entire fight. Maybe if the slow was nerfed or removed and the damage stayed roughly the same the ability would be a bit more balanced. Thanks for the input! :D

Hero

Verified Member
You do realize that you can do this with ice spike, right?
Just shift three times and dont let them hit anything.

Zafkiel

Verified Member
I really wasn't sure whether the slow was over powered or not. I do understand what you are getting at though, removing or maybe simply shortening the duration of the slowness would make sense though, my intention with ColdStrike was to make an ability that would allow waterbenders to initiate a fight and stay at their full power the entire fight. Maybe if the slow was nerfed or removed and the damage stayed roughly the same the ability would be a bit more balanced. Thanks for the input! :D
No problem but can you explain me why you thought it could be a good idea to "At night if the player has 3 shards floating around them any entity within a 7 block radius would be chilled and get mining fatigue 2 as long as they stayed near and all 3 shards were still around." because I don't really see how it could be useful in any situation ??

KnRealm

Verified Member
You do realize that you can do this with ice spike, right?
Just shift three times and dont let them hit anything.
I am and I figured someone would mention it but my intention with this ability is to make waterbenders more versatile and stronger against overwhelming foes

KnRealm

Verified Member
No problem but can you explain me why you thought it could be a good idea to "At night if the player has 3 shards floating around them any entity within a 7 block radius would be chilled and get mining fatigue 2 as long as they stayed near and all 3 shards were still around." because I don't really see how it could be useful in any situation ??
Mining fatigue lowers attack speed.

KnRealm

Verified Member
@Hero @KnRealm @Zafkiel
Mining fatigue/haste does no such thing, it just makes your hand look like its moving faster/slower
My mistake, I haven't used the effect since I was new to Minecraft just messing around with my friends. I guess that misconception had been stuck with me for a while. Thanks for clearing that up, I guess I should really test things before putting them up like this. I never really was entirely sure whether it did this or did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.