• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Water blade, water bending addons or ability.

I have recently been thinking of things that would make water bending closer to the actual tv show, and I thought that water bending is missing an ability to break blocks. the ability would be called water blade, or water/ice drill. This move would require charging of .5 to 1 second. And when charging the “water” would spiral around the bender, it would look similar to a blue combustion. And when shift is let up to launch the move it would launch in a beam like combustion, but split into 3 separate beams once launched. These beams would all move in the same direction by looking around like combustion. When this move makes contact with a wall or the ground it would make a 3x3 block hole or a 3x3x3 block cube hole. And if not used to break blocks this move would do 1.5-2 hearts of damage. The move would require a cool down of 2-5 seconds and require a block source, bottle, or ice,snow or a plant to use as a source. As demonstrated many times in the avatar series and korra series water is knows for its cutting ability, some water benders to display this ability are, Hama, katara and Ming hua in the korra series. I really hope you guys take this into consideration as it would be a big help for water benders.

I would want a cutting ability, in particular to break earthbenders solid defense (along with giving perks for earthbenders to break particular waterbending defense) as well, through perhaps a combo (I had suggested one for a dev with the combination of utilizing watermanipulation and torrent to condense water into a cutting disk, (just like the one katara and aang together used to destroy the Drill) with a hitbox of one block, a torrent blast or an extention to fill in the [tap sneak at bendable - left click to shoot) control void. I'm thinking a construct that more resembles closer to canon animation (considering many are canon look alikes in the plugin).

This idea of yours isn't new and fresh that has been posted, but it's good here an idea because certaintly a demand that needs to be looked into and considered.
@Finn_Bueno_ @PhanaticD @Simplicitee I know tagging isn't ethical, but suggestion threads are the least things that needs it knowing that it will be gone into unseen due to bot infestation flood spawn that overshadow everything.

Viosient

Ima say this before I get forum banned.

This seems pretty over-powered in my opinion, and doesn't make a lot of sense to me. A beam of water making a 3x3 hole doesn't make much sense, since bigger moves like torrent don't make holes at all. And this would just make water counter earth even more than it already does. Earth is the element that should be getting moves to better deal with water.

this ability also doesnt have to be part of core, just a suggestion, i would like it to be more of an addon rather than a core ability, so who cares if its op if its an addon

Ima say this before I get forum banned.

This seems pretty over-powered in my opinion, and doesn't make a lot of sense to me. A beam of water making a 3x3 hole doesn't make much sense, since bigger moves like torrent don't make holes at all. And this would just make water counter earth even more than it already does. Earth is the element that should be getting moves to better deal with water.
In reality, it's a staleman. Both of two elements need ways to overpower each other in some form, not continue nullifying each their attacks to make fights continue. Earthbending needs to break through waterbendings solid defense (heck, a earthblast/earthsmash can't even go through Surge whilst its liquid state), and waterbending needs an ability/combo that can break through earthbender's solid defense.

It's logical and canon.
  • Ghazan knock Bumi and Kya over the cliff by hurling small rocks that pierced through her ice shield.
  • Unalaq freaking crumbled clean Brolin's mountain through shier water wave.
  • And I even recall an image when Katara cut an earthbender's rock with waterbending in the comics.
Right now in the plugin, If you put two experienced benders one of whom is a waterbender and the other an earthbender, I can guarantee that their battles can last up two hours. Any projectile earthbender throws gets stopped by even a one slight water/ice block in it's wake (even when the said projectile is a 3x3x3 MASSIVE MONUMENT), and waterbending don't even at least one technique to cut through solid contrary to what show has demonstrated the capacity of that dynamic bending art).

Last edited: