• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water bending flow.

Do You like the idea?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No(if you choose this then why?)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Needs a bit of changing but good.(If you choose this then why?)

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

X_Eco

Verified Member
Water bending is the element of change.So a player must be able to change from offensive to defensive quickly and easily.Note all ability would have their normal effect unless specified when i right the description.Also if any of these are already implemented please do excuse me as there isn't much information i can find.

Water manipulation-When water is selected you can right click to make a small water shield blocking (the shield size would be 1x2)attacks.This would make it easier for water benders to move around while blocking then attacking quickly.

Torrent-After shifting to activate it players would normally have to keep shifting to perform both moves however the bender can release shift while having the ring still intact.Upon shifting again or left clicking will activate the normal ability.Right clicking will form a 3x3 ice shield as long as right clicking and once right clicking stop it goes back to the ring form.Making it easier for benders to move.If a player switch slot the water goes away.

Ice spike-Upon right clicking on water or ice forms a wall of bendable ice.Shifting will cause a charge effect,upon release a wide area of ice spikes will pop out of the ground dealing slightly more damage with a bleeding effect.

New moves:

Frost breath-Doesn't require any water.Uses your breath to send a blast of cold air freezing nearby water and forming snow.Deals very little damage but freezes player/mob for a short period with slowness.

Ice claw-Uses no water in rain, snow, ice biomes or ocean or in water.Shift to select water.Right click to activate.When punching it deals more damage and gives a bleeding effect.

Passive-Also small speed boost on ice or snow.

Chen

Verified Member
I think that a waterbenders ability to be able to change from his offence and defense will rely on his speed, if he needs to defend he should switch to surge and put up an ice shield, giving waterbenders too many shields will be unfair, simply bind your defense attacks close to your offence attacks. For Frost breath, I think if you want to freeze/slowdown a player use torrent/surge or icespike, a new ability to do so is not needed. As for Ice claw I don't remember seeing that in TLA/LoK, however a water based melee attack similar to what Ming-Hua uses would be nice to see. (No clip needed everyone knows what she does)
Again for the passive I don't think I saw waterbenders get a passive on snow, however Katara did often create ice that she was able to almost surf on, that would be nice to see.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Torrent-After shifting to activate it players would normally have to keep shifting to perform both moves however the bender can release shift while having the ring still intact.Upon shifting again or left clicking will activate the normal ability.Right clicking will form a 3x3 ice shield as long as right clicking and once right clicking stop it goes back to the ring form.Making it easier for benders to move.If a player switch slot the water goes away.
I feel like that makes water too OP. You need to hold shift to keep torrent there because it is like you are channeling the water around you, same with AirShield.

Immallama

Verified Member
I like the idea of making bending more fluid but I'm not sure this can be implemented without making water OP.

Kiam

Verified Member
I mean, torrent is a lot like a water gimbal, which is really hard to maintain, and requires a lot of focus, its not shown in the series that waterbenders are able to run around with that much water under their control. However, It would be cool if there was a way to keep bending a water source. Its shown in the series that water is used to shield, then attack, I think it would be cool for some attack to implement a defensive element. (more than torrent is now)

X_Eco

Verified Member
Ok I see your points.Maybe a way to make it least op is to for certain move like octopus form when release the water you selected can still be re usable.It's not like the water is gone.You see them using more than one attack with the same water.

Kiam

Verified Member
I do like the idea of having a large water source taken from an ocean/infinite source, and being used for more than one thing. It would be cool if you didnt have to reselect your water source for moves like torrent and surge shield. It would make sense for a torrent to turn into a octopusform if need be.

ashe36

Verified Member
If you really want to do this, try blocking moves. Watermanipulation cancels each move.

Status
Not open for further replies.