• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water Arms Replaces Everything

Hero

Verified Member
The most famous move in Project Korra, Water Arms. If you dont know about how it replaces moves, keep reading.

Every time
someone uses water arms, 5 moves dies. Why? Because the every move can do almost every move a waterbender uses.

Why use water manipulation when you can just use Punch?
Why use ice spike when you can just use Freeze?
Why use water spout/wave when you can just Grapple?
Why use torrent when you can use Spear?

The only move it doesn't replace is Surge and even that can be replaced to a certain extent with Pull (Surge behind player).

Nothing personal or anything, but people who bind Water Arms shouldn't be able to bind certain moves. You don't see Ming-Hua shooting ice spikes and torrent, so why should everyone?

Joeri

Verified Member
Ice Spike and Watermanipulation are directable and can be launched from a block far away while punch is straight from the player, WaterSpout allow you to levitate above water precisely, while grapple just pulls you to where you launched it at. Spear, isn't controllable either and doesn't deal knockback

Although i agree that waterarms needs to be nerfed, (punch range) (grapple durabilities) (increased cooldown) because currently you can just climb a 100 block wall with grapple

I think spear is balanced though, it completly removes an arm from you.

Hero

Verified Member
Ice Spike and Watermanipulation are directable and can be launched from a block far away while punch is straight from the player, WaterSpout allow you to levitate above water precisely, while grapple just pulls you to where you launched it at. Spear, isn't controllable either and doesn't deal knockback

Although i agree that waterarms needs to be nerfed, (punch range) (grapple durabilities) (increased cooldown) because currently you can just climb a 100 block wall with grapple

Thats the only move that is ok. Even though water manipulation/ice spike is redirectable and directable, punch is a stupid amount of range and can be spammed.
Even though water spout can cause you to levitate, you can use water arms at the same time sadly and water arm grapple can climb walls.

I know where you are going at this but this thread is mainly on how water arms moveset replace other moves, not similarity.

justin2046

Verified Member
»WaterArms completely defeats the purpose of positioning.

»It makes noobs equivalent to masters.

»It have a crazy large range and is spamable, thus it is WORSE than torrent spam and manip spam combined.

Plz Nerf the shit out of WaterArms! :(

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
»WaterArms completely defeats the purpose of positioning.

»It makes noobs equivalent to masters.

»It have a crazy large range and is spamable, thus it is WORSE than torrent spam and manip spam combined.

Plz Nerf the shit out of WaterArms! :(
Two shots of lightning can DESTROY someone using waterarms

owlcool

Verified Member
The most famous move in Project Korra, Water Arms. If you dont know about how it replaces moves, keep reading.

Every time
someone uses water arms, 5 moves dies. Why? Because the every move can do almost every move a waterbender uses.

Why use water manipulation when you can just use Punch?
Why use ice spike when you can just use Freeze?
Why use water spout/wave when you can just Grapple?
Why use torrent when you can use Spear?

The only move it doesn't replace is Surge and even that can be replaced to a certain extent with Pull (Surge behind player).

Nothing personal or anything, but people who bind Water Arms shouldn't be able to bind certain moves. You don't see Ming-Hua shooting ice spikes and torrent, so why should everyone?

Why? Because it would be stupid looking and overpowered. Nobody wants to see a guy using waterarms to spam watermanipulation at your butt.

orfeas

Verified Member
Honestly though the move is great and very innovating but waterbending is supposed to be more strategic,using the enemies power against him.The southern water style is a little bit more violent but both northern and southern have a much strategic. Waterarms just deletes strategic in every level.Even watermanip spamming is better,it can be redirected.Water arms is just going up to someone and punching like crazy.Most servers got it Nerfed or only for ops and there is obvious reason for that.When i fight a waterbender i always put the ground rule that neither of us uses waterarms.The same for other element:i am not going to use waterarms.

orfeas

Verified Member
Two shots of lightning can DESTROY someone using waterarms
Lighting needs charging.In that amount of time a water arm bender can eliminate the firebender.I do not say that waterarms isn't an amazing move but it needs nerfing.

EragonRider

Verified Member

You can control Spear mode. Send your arms into the air, then direct them like a Torrent. (without shift, of course)