• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Water Arms Change

STAR1

Verified Member
With water arms I think that when you use the grabbing option it should disable the passive that prevent falls damage on all elements while you have a hold of them e.g air and earths passives.

This would only work if you have a hold of someone not if you throw them with the move. For example if you grab an airbender they lose their passive of taking no fall damage but if you left click and throw them with grab they are free and able to bend again.

This was shown in the show when Kya grabs Zaheer and slams him into the ground, you can hear that he was injured and also hear how hard he hit the ground.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
This actually makes sense, the only point I can make is that it shouldn't be the sort of thing that can be done unintentionally.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This actually makes sense, the only point I can make is that it shouldn't be the sort of thing that can be done unintentionally.
Hey dude. Long time no see!

First of, consider changing the first bit
With water arms I think that when you use the grabbing option on someone it should disable their passive that prevent falls damage from all elements while you have a hold of them e.g air and earths passives.
Nothing personal, but I notice it lacked specification and therefor sounded like a generialize idea that everyone , and the user who's using waterarms, should have the passive disable.

Second of all, I agree, however I think it should be applied to people who get knocked out with any kind ability. It seems kind off, that an airbender is ok and not caught of guard even when a firebender send him/her off the cliff with a destructive such as combustion or fireburst. Yes, I do think waterarms grabbing should have this feature, but I also believe should get the same treatment and not overlook that deals damage.

Third of all, waterarms grab has no slamming feature last time I check. Would be pretty pointless to have the passive negation concept implanted (unless your holding with the tentacles the victim captive on a steep/deep drop before letting go of them), as waterarms only grabs the opponent and not really does and cannot deal velocity damage to them. It would need to have slamming implanted to make the negation practical and not very situational.

STAR1

Verified Member
Hey dude. Long time no see!

First of, consider changing the first bit

Nothing personal, but I notice it lacked specification and therefor sounded like a generialize idea that everyone , and the user who's using waterarms, should have the passive disable.

Second of all, I agree, however I think it should be applied to people who get knocked out with any kind ability. It seems kind off, that an airbender is ok and not caught of guard even when a firebender send him/her off the cliff with a destructive such as combustion or fireburst. Yes, I do think waterarms grabbing should have this feature, but I also believe should get the same treatment and not overlook that deals damage.

Third of all, waterarms grab has no slamming feature last time I check. Would be pretty pointless to have the passive negation concept implanted (unless your holding with the tentacles the victim captive on a steep/deep drop before letting go of them), as waterarms only grabs the opponent and not really does and cannot deal velocity damage to them. It would need to have slamming implanted to make the negation practical and not very situational.
Well with waterarms if you grab a fire bender or another water bender look up and then move your mouse down fast it inflicts fall damage. This is what I think should be applied to earth and air benders as well as they wouldn’t be able to bend to save themselves from the impact with the ground.

owlcool

Verified Member
Well with waterarms if you grab a fire bender or another water bender look up and then move your mouse down fast it inflicts fall damage. This is what I think should be applied to earth and air benders as well as they wouldn’t be able to bend to save themselves from the impact with the ground.
I would think that the waterbender would have to release the waterarms' grip on that player to do this, though. It doesn't feel authentic if the player can rack up fall damage in a way more efficient than bloodbending with waterarms.

STAR1

Verified Member
I would think that the waterbender would have to release the waterarms' grip on that player to do this, though. It doesn't feel authentic if the player can rack up fall damage in a way more efficient than bloodbending with waterarms.
After you do slam someone and they take the fall damage it does release them so they are able to fight back.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
After you do slam someone and they take the fall damage it does release them so they are able to fight back.
I like the idea. I actually think (I'm probably the person who likes options) a config actually option could come with that. The First being boolean, which the damage is depented to how and from what height you slam damn (like from that retroperspective, where Kya/waterbender made a quick descending jump and slamed down). Second comming as numerial, so If the first is off (set to fall) you'll deal the exact number of hearts that you specified in the config regardless of the slamming condition.