• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water/air spout configurable speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterFan99

Verified Member
Hey guys i have been thinking. I think waterspout and airspout need a speed config because the spouts right now are slow so spout fights are slow as well, if waterspout speed was increased (by the config) spout fights would be more interesting with doging tactics insted of cutting your foe's spout all the time. I'm suggesting this because i think it would be a good idea to implement this into Pk (Project Korra). Leave your thoughts in the comments below

Xoxo - waterfan99

WaterFan99

Verified Member
This would make spouts more of a threat in battle. it goes really slow leaving you vunable to other moves by default, like lightning and combustion

Joeri

Verified Member
No, This would be OP as hell, flying around faster then running being able to dodge anything and still hit opponent's ....

Kwesi

Verified Member
I definitely see your points on this, but it does seem like it would be a bit OP. If a player reaches great heights with WaterSpout or AirSpout they are generally out of most attacks' range, giving them an enormous advantage; the one factor that balanced that out was its low speed. If a player (especially with AirSpout because it lacks the restrictions WaterSpout has and it is harder to hit being made of particles) can use these abilities at higher speeds (the sky's the limit with configuration - the speeds could be ANYTHING) then it would allow them to move so comfortably and fluidly at higher levels that they could avoid so many potential attacks. The only way its agreeable to me is if it's configured wisely, if the speed is only slightly increased - I could tolerate something like that. But, I will say...high-speed spouts would look so cool!

EndersShadows

Verified Member
CONFIGURABLE, Oui, can half of you guys not read? Configurable doesn't mean it will be made faster. It just gives the option to server owners. I personally don't like the idea of waterspouts moving 10+ blocks a second. However I do think airspout could do with some speed, even though I am fine with it staying its current speed.

Joeri

Verified Member
CONFIGURABLE, Oui, can half of you guys not read? Configurable doesn't mean it will be made faster. It just gives the option to server owners. I personally don't like the idea of waterspouts moving 10+ blocks a second. However I do think airspout could do with some speed, even though I am fine with it staying its current speed.
I know it says configurable, but still it's OP when changed

Majorite

Verified Member
I actually like this idea. It could prove to be a great addition. This plugin has something that orion's plugin didn't --- high configuration. This would just add to it.
Even if it is over powered when changed, you do not have to change it. That makes it great in the sense that it is not over powered as long as you don't want it to be.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I actually like this idea. It could prove to be a great addition. This plugin has something that orion's plugin didn't --- high configuration. This would just add to it.
Even if it is over powered when changed, you do not have to change it. That makes it great in the sense that it is not over powered as long as you don't want it to be.
Well I agree with you in terms of configuration. I don't have a problem with features being configurable (and high configuration is definitely wonderful in Project Korra). My hopes are the speed would be configured wisely. :S

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Config is Project Korra's middle name! Yet again, it can be OP if made so, but if a server owner cares about it it won't be. Just have the default config stay how it is now, and if a server wants it they can do it. At one point in the plugin, you could speed swim on spout. While that bug was around, spout fights were REALLY exciting actually, the only issue was going down you would always go forward quickly.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Config is Project Korra's middle name! Yet again, it can be OP if made so, but if a server owner cares about it it won't be. Just have the default config stay how it is now, and if a server wants it they can do it. At one point in the plugin, you could speed swim on spout. While that bug was around, spout fights were REALLY exciting actually, the only issue was going down you would always go forward quickly.
Perhaps the spouts could naturally be faster in the Avatar State by default. Oh, and those spout fights would've been SUPER fun to watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.