• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Water Ability: Water Tendrils

What are your thoughts on this ability?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mastermind71

Verified Member
Hello! This ability is called Water Tendrils. I saw the inspiration from a previous project that was never picked up again.

Inspiration and Basis:
I got this idea from watching Ming-Hua, a member from the Red Lotus. Many of the members of the Red Lotus interested me, however Ming stood out due to her versatility in water bending. She is able to create Water Tendrils which can be used as arms. These Tendrils increase mobility and the kit of Water Benders.
(Note her agility and the extra range she is given due to her tendrils)

Idea:
I suggest that a developer could recreate this as an ability for water benders. It is clear that water benders do not have that much mobility or versatility despite being near a large body of water. These tendrils will increase left-click attack range+damage and give the bender a small speed boost. The bender should also have the ability to click using phase change or something to make these tendrils freeze. This will allow them to have the "Spider" ability to climb up walls and such.
[Note how her tendrils are no longer water, instead they are frozen into spikes which allow her to climb and scale walls.]

Conclusion: This ability should be used to give water benders more mobility, agility, and versatility. The speed boost and the wall scaling will definitely give water benders a fair fight even if they are not near a body of water.

I have put effort into making this suggestion. Thank you for putting effort into reviewing it.

Last edited:

Johann

Verified Member
this would be a nice move for water benders but the creator said it would look
weird because u can only control the right arm of ur character it would be nice to add
shift to change on which tendril to control . but i agree

mastermind71

Verified Member
Im rather new to the community and I have seen it once on a thread. The only reason it wasnt continued on THAT thread was because the plugin did not work.

owlcool

Verified Member
Lol, someone may already be working on waterarms, but even then waterarms are still a while away.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Waterarms have been requested time and time again, and been rejected various times for it being impractical. Waterbending does have mobility, waterwave. If that doesn't satisfy your needs, I'm not sure what will.

owlcool

Verified Member
Waterarms have been requested time and time again, and been rejected various times for it being impractical. Waterbending does have mobility, waterwave. If that doesn't satisfy your needs, I'm not sure what will.
Waterarms.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Instead of bashing on me why don't you kindly explain to me why it won't work?
I believe the primary reason that I saw was that Minecraft players only really have one arm; there is only a single arm that players have in their control and that they use to perform all tasks. The characteristics of this ability implies a requirement of two functioning arms to operate correctly. That logic being met, it would not be all that possible and realistic to implement.

owlcool

Verified Member
I don't think changing 1 word would do much to change the possibility of making it work well.
God you are an idiot; blaze IS making water arms, just look at her/his profile, he/she has plenty links to pics of it in progress.

owlcool

Verified Member
I believe the primary reason that I saw was that Minecraft players only really have one arm; there is only a single arm that players have in their control and that they use to perform all tasks. The characteristics of this ability implies a requirement of two functioning arms to operate correctly. That logic being met, it would not be all that possible and realistic to implement.
Look above this post.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
God you are an idiot; blaze IS making water arms, just look at her/his profile, he/she has plenty links to pics of it in progress.
Rather rude, but Blaze's form is much different that depicted various times. What everyone is suggesting is to have these 'arms', his is for mobility which appears much different than what everyone wants.

owlcool

Verified Member
Rather rude, but Blaze's form is much different that depicted various times. What everyone is suggesting is to have these 'arms', his is for mobility which appears much different than what everyone wants.
You posted that you think it is impossible for waterarms to be created. After I stated that it was being created. If you looked at some of blaze's dropboxes you would think otherwise. Waterarm's are on their way. Stop treating it like the future is a urban legend. (which most study's about that prove the human brain truly thinks that, so don't take it as rude, take it as factual)

Status
Not open for further replies.