• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Wall Of Fire Re-Work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE ENTIRE THREAD

Wall of Fire, an original firebending ability. Strong but easy to dodge with quick movement. Useful at times. But have you noticed that in Legend of Korra, firebenders have used wall of fire to dodge many fire attacks and some attacks from the other elements? Now you might be saying this: "Oh! But Wall Of Fire is already too OP senpai!" Yes it might be OP at times and can be extremely helpful during faction melee wars, but how about we make this a BIT more defensive and nerf the damage taken by the wall.

Now this move needs 2 reworks, a buff to defense but a slight nerf to the damage, and how the move is executed and looks like.

How it would be executed:
You would hold shift, then a line of fire particles form in front of you one the ground (1-3 seconds for the line to form, any higher and the move would be useless to use). After the line of fire has formed in front of you, you click and the Wall Of Fire would start to build upwards. After you think its completely built, stop holding shift (The wall should still be there if you let go of shift). Now if you remember in ATLA "Sozin's Comet Part 1-4", Jongjong was shown actually projecting the wall of fire in a direction. So if you hold shift and click on the Wall Of Fire, it should project in the direction you click on. Anything caught in the Wall Of Fire would take small damage and be set on fire. Even though Wall Of Fire wouldn't last forever, if you feel like you don't need the wall anymore, just click on it and it should disappear.

Second of all, Wall Of Fire's damage taken when coming into contact with the wall is OP, but maybe we can trade defense for a tiny bit of offense on Wall Of Fire. Wall Of Fire was shown to stop fireblasts, firebreath, most firecombos, and even a damn fireblast from a Dragon. So if you would just please add defense in with the cost of a bit of offense, this move would be amazing.

FAQ: Q: When JeongJeong projected the Wall Of Fire in the last episodes of ATLA, Sozin's Comet was in action. Which proves that it should only be projectile during Sozin's Comet. So what now?
A: It would make sense that Wall Of Fire could be projected. Its fire and its fire made from a firebender. It would make sense that a firebender would be able to move the wall and throw it in any direction.

Q: Why are you making Wall Of Fire 10x more OP by giving it more defense?!
A: Its defense for the price of offense, read the thread properly.

Q: Those firebenders in the GIFs were way more trained with firebending than us, how the hell does it make sense that we can do things like Mako?
A: Are you serious -_-? Dude there are MANY people in MineCraft 100x more talented with firebending than anyone in the show. And again, ITS FIRE. Firebenders can do anything with fire from flying to defending themselves to killing someone in seconds by scorching their bodies. These firebenders might be skilled, but there is NO skill scale in Project Korra.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE ENTIRE THREAD

Last edited:

Janny

Verified Member
As said in my thread "(NOTE: YOU MIGHT THINK THESE GIFS ARE FIRESHIELD, BUT IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY, ITS A WALL OF FIRE. JUST SAYING I DO NOT WANT TO SEE IN THE REPLIES THAT THESE GIFS ARE FIRESHIELD AS I WILL NOT REPLY TO THEM)."

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
As said in my thread "(NOTE: YOU MIGHT THINK THESE GIFS ARE FIRESHIELD, BUT IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY, ITS A WALL OF FIRE. JUST SAYING I DO NOT WANT TO SEE IN THE REPLIES THAT THESE GIFS ARE FIRESHIELD AS I WILL NOT REPLY TO THEM)."
As said in my post:
Those gifs weren't wall of fire. That was just the firebenders redirecting the fire away from them.
Never once said it was fireshield.

Janny

Verified Member
Read what again?
"(NOTE: YOU MIGHT THINK THESE GIFS ARE NOT WALL OF FIRE, BUT IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY, ITS A WALL OF FIRE. JUST SAYING I DO NOT WANT TO SEE IN THE REPLIES THAT THESE GIFS ARE NOT WALL OF FIRE AS I WILL NOT REPLY TO THEM)." This is the only one im replying to and will reply to.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well you've responded to me 3 times now, and it still isn't wall of fire. You need to get your facts straight. This is just the firebenders redirecting the fire around them.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
@Soarinsorin @Ninjakid1324
If you ignore every person that has different viewpoints than you, you'll get nowhere in life.
So, to start off here, let's make a clarification.
Screen shot 2015-03-19 at 10.24.19 PM.png
Wall of Fire:
Wave_of_fire.png Jeong_Jeong_firebends.png Jeong_Jeong's_jet_propulsion.png (Comet enhanced here, so exceptionally good for blocking)
And now,
NOT Wall of Fire:
Screen shot 2015-03-19 at 10.23.57 PM.png
Also not wall of fire:

tumblr_mqbn8arnZX1qiv5tpo1_500.gif (some sort of flame dissipation going on here)
Not this either:
tumblr_n8mx6xkf9M1sk47ceo8_500.gif (Shield of Fire, Blocking an explosion)
Funny, right? It's almost like wall of fire is a literal wall of fire, shaped like a wall, and not:

Screen shot 2015-03-19 at 10.23.57 PM.png or
Screen shot 2015-03-19 at 10.33.29 PM.png
Which can be seen in the provided gifs. According to the wiki, there are no instances of wall of fire being used in Korra at all, where both of those gifs came from.

Last edited:

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
So while, sure, wall of fire in the plugin can't do all the things it could do in the show, you should at least know what you're talking about before you suggest any changes.

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
I've never understood wall of fire. One left click and you have fire spewing around in an already set location? It creates more fire in a second than a charged fireblast does. At least pay some attention to the ability. You can fight with a sword bound and it will still create wall of fire.

Give it a charge time or something, it's a little too instant for my taste. No matter how much I use it in PvP.

Janny

Verified Member
I've never understood wall of fire. One left click and you have fire spewing around in an already set location? It creates more fire in a second than a charged fireblast does. At least pay some attention to the ability. You can fight with a sword bound and it will still create wall of fire.

Give it a charge time or something, it's a little too instant for my taste. No matter how much I use it in PvP.
Thank you for seeming to be the only one that agrees for a wall of fire rework.

Status
Not open for further replies.