• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Wall Damage

you would like too see this in the plugin

• No

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • With changes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Of course not i hate this idea

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
In the show of TLA and LOK you can see that most every bending when make a people hit a wall he get hit(obviously) And i think this should be added on the plugin too

How it work: well it little obvious, when a user use a bending move that cause a knockback and hit a wall, the victim will get hit. The amount of damage is the amount of knockback, like: to don't be so op airburst do 2 damage when hit a wall, fireblast should get 1 damage(It is configurable for all elements).

that's my idea, adding images soon but i don't know how to create a gif so if someone teach me i will post where all this is seen.

-Verdinhox2-

owlcool

Verified Member
This needs some editing. If someone does a airburst and your feet are mostly gliding across the ground, you should take less damage then a fireblast knocking you upwards into a wall.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This is incredibly hard to make because you first have to decide what counts as a "wall" in minecraft.

owlcool

Verified Member
Now how far do you have to be to get the damage? How to you track how far they were? It gets really complicated really quickly
I get that. All the coding knowledge I have is some ROBOTC and a bit from a JAVA tutorial. This might just take up to much data to be worth using.

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
and if when you are too close of the wall you don't get hurt? And a wall will only be a wall if it have two blocks high. Or what changes could be make to don't be so hard to code?

V

Vidcom

Or alternatively, sudden changes in player speed. If you're thrown at 8 blocks per second by an airburst say, and then stop dead immediately, we can conclude you just hit a wall, but the server doesn't need to know it was a "wall" as such, only a very sudden, immediate deceleration to 0. The change in speed could then be used to judge the damage given?

jedk1

Or alternatively, sudden changes in player speed. If you're thrown at 8 blocks per second by an airburst say, and then stop dead immediately, we can conclude you just hit a wall, but the server doesn't need to know it was a "wall" as such, only a very sudden, immediate deceleration to 0. The change in speed could then be used to judge the damage given?
this would screw anyone with a super speed boost potion xD

V

Vidcom

this would screw anyone with a super speed boost potion xD
Only if they ran into walls. The deceleration you experience there is not immediate, you do have some momentum, which walls block.

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
i
think it's a good idea because who is the crazy man with a speed potion that runs to a wall? Of course in real life he would lose his nose, and the minimal speed to the player take hit should be the speed that an powerful knockback do , to don't screw the running airbenders

jedk1

Only if they ran into walls. The deceleration you experience there is not immediate, you do have some momentum, which walls block.
imagine if instead of stopping, depending on the block type you hit, and how hard you hit it, it could break the block

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
imagine if instead of stopping, depending on the block type you hit, and how hard you hit it, it could break the block
maybe in earth or sand blocks the block break and you don't get hit, but in rock and wood or obisidian block types it get hit and the speed will determine the amount of damage it receive

V

Vidcom

That could get very anime very fast
maybe in earth or sand blocks the block break and you don't get hit, but in rock and wood or obisidian block types it get hit and the speed will determine the amount of damage it receive
I kinda like this, especially for earthbenders who are supposed to be able to just run headfirst into a rock and come out unscathed.

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
and if a earthbender and airbender make a team?, them the airbender use airblast in one player and the earthbender create a wall, gg

jedk1

and if a earthbender and airbender make a team?, them the airbender use airblast in one player and the earthbender create a wall, gg
this would be the most comedic scene ever*
*well not ever but you get the gist of what I mean

V

Vidcom

You say it's bad, but it was seen in the show... admittedly the earthbender in question didn't realise the error right up until he got slammed into his own wall by Kai but hey, don't fuck with Jinora in front of Kai :p

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
wall damage is seen like everytime in the avatar series, all the benders of the serie used the art of bend the face of the other in the wall, i think only Iroh don't used that

wut? i didn't say it was a bad idea

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
for the love of Katara hu? Ok but i don't think Katara is going to like this, cause it's used multiple times against her :)

Status
Not open for further replies.