• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion vanilla changing elements

Spurkl3z

Verified Member
hei aloh

ive a suggestion and i dont get how its not implemented yet coz its pretty basic

so, i run a semivanilla server (no plugins other than worldedit denizen and pk) and i wish to be able to let players change their elements at spawn

i dont want to mess with a permissions plugin, coz they require groups, and i dont want admin/mod ranks

so i figured, imma use chained command blocks.

now it so happens, that @p does ?not? qualify as a specified player
meaning i cant make it specificly work for a non-operator to change their element on their own

my chaincmdblock idea was: (impulse,needredstone) bending remove @p air > (chain) bending remove @p water > (chain) bending remove @p earth > (chain) bending remove @p fire > (chain) bending remove @p chi > (chain) bending add @p air

now if @p would qualify as an specified player, it would have worked, and you could sortof manage this plugin on vanilla somewhat
so please add it lol

anyway have a good day and thanks for reading

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
@p doesn't work for any plugin command usually. There is no native support for it in Spigot, so it's not something that can just be implemented.

As for permissions, all you'd have to do is give normal players the bending.command.rechoose permission. You don't have to add groups or ranks; just add it to the default group.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
And if you ended up needing to give ranks to players, you don't have to necessarily make it a prominent feature of your server. Like you can give players a rank and then not give that rank a prefix in chat or even tell the player about it and do what you want with the rank so that your server doesn't start having "status-like-symbols".

Last edited:

Spurkl3z

Verified Member
this specific permission node didnt give non-ops the possibility to use /bending choose a second (3d,4th,5th,etc) time

is there a list of basic/important perms to give newly joined players?

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If the permission node bending.command.rechoose doesn't work, there's something else wrong. That permission node definitely works.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member