• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Unalaq's purification/corruption technique

Would you like to see this ability implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • With changes

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
I think Unalaq's ability that he taught Korra should be added for waterbenders.

Strengths: How it would work is, when the waterbender holds down shift on an opponent/mob, two columns of water begin surrounding the opponent, lifting them into the air, doing 1 heart of damage every 2 seconds (3 if you prefer). The opponent cannot move or bend.

Weaknesses: to balance this ability out so it is not too OP, the user cannot move either or the attack ceases. In addition, if the user is attacked, this attack will stop. This attack will also be limited by only being able to be used in water, snow, or ice, it cannot be used with plants or bottles.

Migsel

Verified Member
This doesn't make sense. This is SPIRIT-bending and well, players aren't spirits. With mobs, it shouldn't do damage, it should calm them down because that's what the technique is about. I don't remember Unulaq killing any spirits with the technique, and he never used it on people.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
This doesn't make sense. This is SPIRIT-bending and well, players aren't spirits. With mobs, it shouldn't do damage, it should calm them down because that's what the technique is about. I don't remember Unulaq killing any spirits with the technique, and he never used it on people.
it was said that the technique could corrupt and kill a person's spirit, and Korra did use it to kill Unalaq, and it is assumed that he is dead, unless the writers state otherwise. And regardless, a visible spirit is not exactly necessary for this.

Migsel

Verified Member
No one is going to turn into giant spirit/people thingies and fight like Korra vs. Unalaq. I think we can agree on that. And actually can you give a quote about the corrupt and kill a person's spirit thing? I don't remember that part ._.

Last edited:

ChrisfromMars

Verified Member
I actually think a move for pacifying mobs would be cool for waterbenders, considering that water is the element of change. Also, it would be pretty f****** awesome to be able to turn a passive mob hostile. "The Attack of The Evil Sheep"
(Coming soon at a theater near you)

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I actually think a move for pacifying mobs would be cool for waterbenders, considering that water is the element of change. Also, it would be pretty f****** awesome to be able to turn a passive mob hostile. "The Attack of The Evil Sheep"
(Coming soon at a theater near you)
We cannot turn a passive mob hostile without violating Mist's guidelines. We would have to write a mob AI and give it attacking code to make it actually do that.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
No one is going to turn into giant spirit/people thingies and fight like Korra vs. Unalaq. I think we can agree on that. And actually can you give a quote about the corrupt and kill a person's spirit thing? I don't remember that part ._.
Unalaq was actually going to destroy Jinora's spirit by using it on her physical body. Go watch it, again I:

And not that this is a bad idea, it just seems extremely similar to Suffocate.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Unalaq was actually going to destroy Jinora's spirit by using it on her physical body. Go watch it, again I:

That was Jinora's spirit. Thats how her spirit ended up stuck in the Spirit World in the first place.

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
well i think it should work with the spirit world side plugin of projectkorra, as you can see in this plugin we can become spirits

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
GUYS:
Spirits will implement the ability to be a spirit.
We cannot turn a passive mob hostile without violating Mist's guidelines. We would have to write a mob AI and give it attacking code to make it actually do that.
Maybe borrow something from vampires (same maker of factions) Not likely to make them attack, but you could turn them passive.

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
it was said that the technique could corrupt and kill a person's spirit, and Korra did use it to kill Unalaq, and it is assumed that he is dead, unless the writers state otherwise. And regardless, a visible spirit is not exactly necessary for this.
Uhm NOPE she used the healing technique of it to passify Una-Vaatu.

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
if he was simply passified then where is he?
Destroyed, he was the spirit of dark, she used the light method, if she did use the corruption method the water would be PURPLE not GOLD. Also when Unalaq pacified a spirit infront of korra it split into these little energy orb things, same thing happened when korra defeated Una-Vaatu

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Destroyed, he was the spirit of dark, she used the light method, if she did use the corruption method the water would be PURPLE not GOLD. Also when Unalaq pacified a spirit infront of korra it split into these little energy orb things, same thing happened when korra defeated Una-Vaatu
There were times the spirit actually became balanced instead of just disappearing.

WakkaWolf1

Verified Member

Well Airbubble is a lot like Waterbubble so I don't see this as a problem