• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Torrent's Ice (Reusage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
I feel like we should be able to reuse the Torrent's ice dome as a source.

Somewhere along in survival, waterbenders might not have a water bottle on them (WATERSKIN) so they would have to use the trees around them, but in the desert, that is another story, some waterbenders may not come prepared and they might stumble on to a desert and their water bottles may have been empty, so they have two choices. To use torrent from a nearby plant source and create an ice dome and bend from there or click and shift (then release it) to gather the water from the torrent so it can be used inside of the water bottle again. This could prove to be useful when we ARE in a desert and we do not have any water bottles on us, we could find a cactus, torrent and freeze it and if we are surrounded by mobs, we can use the ice to use it for watermanipulation, torrent, and octopusform.

I know that this is sloppy and I apologize but I am in a hurry, I wouldn't really care if this move was implemented, just saying that it might become useful if you are not prepared as a good waterbender, and not carry water bottles with them. so they can just use the torrent ice dome for their defense in using the water again, and again until the dome vanishes.

LeafHD_

Verified Member
Not bending ice is on purpose, that is becuase Watermanip can be spammed, each manip removes the ice bringing you closer to the opponent... Maybe disallowing moves to penetrate the ice and be source selectable.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I believe torrent's ics dome reuse was denied at some time here. So don't be suprised if it gets not added and denied. Tho i like the idea of reusing the freeze as another move

promancer

Verified Member
So from 1 water source needed to make a torrent you want to make a dozen other potential water sources, seems Op in my view.
Water expands when it phases into ice, its completely possible if it was cold enough i guess =P
Would it be possible to allow the ice to dissapear once its been used once as a source?

Status
Not open for further replies.