• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Torrent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
  1. Aesthetics - when using it with the source of maxium 9 bottles only, it will be alot tinnier (with the use of particles)
    , from 12 to 16 the torrent's water will be at a medium size. Each bottle will deternimed the length of the torrent slighty (at maxium - 3 blocks away from the bender).
  2. Feature - when standing on snow, specificly on 3x3 snow covered plot in the center, a waterbender will be able to tap shift to raise a torrent wave and launch it, without the need of creating the retaining torrent like use to.
  3. Aspect - torrent from my perspective should not only damage and deal motion to an living thing, but to physical objects as well. When torrenting, the bender can right click on a certain block with the animation, which will cause some of the bloccks, from 1-3, to be lift up (as fallingblocks or dropped item) at the height of the players head, as an aid of a defense from moves such as airswipe, arrows, fireblasts, snowballs (which will knock the blocks off) and rare chance to make them hit at the bender dealing damage depending of the block type), eggs and lightning. This blocks are: dirt, wood, leafs, wool and ice. There will be a revert option for this, whenever (and when) the blocks should regenarate back or not. This will require timing right if wanting to block approaching blocks, so this must be performed right when the projectile is to blocks away from the right clicked block.
  4. Alternative - when right clicking a source block that isn't water(including waterbottles), a whip made out of splash particles will appear in the benders hands. With it, clicking on it will deal half an heart damage to whatever it touches too. It will disspate very easily, when the user deals damage.
  5. Apperance - most of you might hate me on this, but we don't need a 3 block height wave, due to the confusion of physics and that isn't really necessary. I purpose for the wave to be 1 block high, at the height where the torrent starts. Players will still be caught by the wave with this change same how with the regular one, because either way part of players body will get caught in the wave's path. On fullmoon it will contain the regular size and in avatar state the starting torrent will have the size of the wave (but that will depend by my suggested water content dynamic (*hint*)if tying up these mechanics together).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.