• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Tornado Nerf,

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Remember, when I said Tornado should be removed? Well, screw that. And it is canon alright! (Aang vs Ozai: evaded his attack with this ability)

Considering that airblast might be tweaked to the point, that it will no longer half sneak+left click = and-a-way-you-go!... Well, Tornado will have that, but not as op as that.

What does the tornado needs?
1. Right after it lifts the player to its maximum height, it should deactive and drop the user right away. Because airbenders don't fly (Unless they have access to Flight ability or use an air glider (even with airglider, airbenders cannot levitate from the spot without soaring away)). This should be like the ultimate evading option; NOT the "I choose flight then to fight" option.
2. Tornado should suck and spin around players at its bottom to disorientate them.

Why does the tornado needs those?
1. (Canon, And) We already the alternative flying option-- "AirSpout". Tornado doesn't need an rip-off that is more benefital and opper. Airbending doesn't really have a b-a-l-a-n-c-e-d (pointing at you airblast <.<) evading option. With this tornado tweak, you'd be able to avoid any attack without moving your feet (limited catapult form), giving it a fair con and pro.
2. Since airbending is less about being offensive, and more about tricking your opponents: I'd say having the tornado to spin around them in its circle isn't a dull idea as you think. It would be like a bonus thing, to give this ability a good name without being rip-off an existing ability.

Again to summarized it all:
Application:
- Tornado should sent the user up briefly - limited current catapult, which results in 0(zero) horizontal distance travelled (exception being knockback by an attack).
- Mary go round - provides a little defensive-ish disorentating tactic

Another thing, the delay of tornado would have to be removed, so that #1 would be useful. Make the tornado lift the user faster, so that they would be quick to evade any particular attack.
==========================================================================
I'm against Tornado being removed. If you really want one major improvement, then how about giving tornado something similar to this.
(Hopefully this'll work)
https://j.gifs.com/73VDWB.gif
You see how Aang had the tornado go on the rock pillar's surface?
Why not have tornado be able to do that with walls?
(I do have a whole tornado rework idea that includes this feature, I just don't think it'd be right to post it here)

Loony

Verified Member
We currently have plans for Tornado which make this suggestion invalid, thread denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.