• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Torch [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Is the light from the fire or the glowstone? And does it give you night vision? The point of the torch is so others can view the light source as well.
The light in the gif was from the glowstone, forgot to get rid of my earthbending. And it does give you night vision, and any player within a certain radius of you.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The way I see it, Illumination is more for the practicality, Torch more so for the aesthetics

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
First thing, why is this not called illumination? And WHY?
Because I don't want to make server owners disable Illumination, and because people always complain about Illumination and the torch that has to follow them. Well there is no torch here. If you don't like it don't use it. It is just more aesthetic.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Because I don't want to make server owners disable Illumination, and because people always complain about Illumination and the torch that has to follow them. Well there is no torch here. If you don't like it don't use it. It is just more aesthetic.
Not that i don't like them, just that why does this not be named as illumination, which i seem to find it to cool not to be a seperate bind which does the same thing as illumination does. If they were to disable original illumination to this, nothing would really much change except aesthetic, which i seem to find this more realistic to illumination. I still suggest this to be name illumination, but while i don't own server i don't mind you doing that, as what do i even care p:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Not that i don't like them, just that why does this not be named as illumination, which i seem to find it to cool not to be a seperate bind which does the same thing as illumination does. If they were to disable original illumination to this, nothing would really much change except aesthetic, which i seem to find this more realistic to illumination. I still suggest this to be name illumination, but while i don't own server i don't mind you doing that, as what do i even care p:
Some people like illumination, I don't feel I have the right to take that away from them

Sorin

Verified Member
Some people like illumination, I don't feel I have the right to take that away from them
Yeah I have to agree with you simplicitee, some people enjoy illumination. And naming it the same thing takes away flexibility for server owners, so giving it another name was a smart idea.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Nice ability. One thing to note when giving it to players around them is that they only have it for 1 second, which makes the night vision flicker (any night vision under 15 seconds flickers :p ). Maybe give them infinite and just use a BukkitRunnable to take it away if they are out of range?

Other than that, great ability :)

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Also found an issue where a torch glow/instance will remain if someone dies. Particles show as if a player was there and all nearby players are given the derpy night vision. Hopefully you can fix this as soon as possible :)

(Also uploaded screenshot of the particle effect. You can see the dim sky from the night vision too :p )

Attachments

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Also found an issue where a torch glow/instance will remain if someone dies. Particles show as if a player was there and all nearby players are given the derpy night vision. Hopefully you can fix this as soon as possible :)

(Also uploaded screenshot of the particle effect. You can see the dim sky from the night vision too :p )
I'll look at this later today after I sleep and soccer

Anna_28

Verified Member
I just tested this. It is not because a player has died when using torch, it was because they logged out while using torch. If you log out while using the torch ability, it will do what Strange said above, keeping the torch glow / particle where the player logged out (even after they log back in) and giving night vision to everyone nearby it. If you die while using the ability it doesn't seem to do anything, the ability continues to work and doesn't leave a floating particle.

With players who use the ability and log in / out often, it can leave a lot of these flames floating around the place.

Also it would be neat if this could take away night vision when in water. Since you can't have a flame in water. And when logging out you still keep the night vision when you log back in (but the ability is off).

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I just tested this. It is not because a player has died when using torch, it was because they logged out while using torch. If you log out while using the torch ability, it will do what Strange said above, keeping the torch glow / particle where the player logged out (even after they log back in) and giving night vision to everyone nearby it. If you die while using the ability it doesn't seem to do anything, the ability continues to work and doesn't leave a floating particle.

With players who use the ability and log in / out often, it can leave a lot of these flames floating around the place.

Also it would be neat if this could take away night vision when in water. Since you can't have a flame in water. And when logging out you still keep the night vision when you log back in (but the ability is off).
I've been working on a fix for this

Status
Not open for further replies.