• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Tips of Airbending

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
This is like @Hero 's thread about Tips of Waterbending, except for airbending.
- AirBlast can be used as a very good mobility move - simply tap sneak at the ground, look in the direction you wish to go (vertical and diagonal work well), jump, and left click! It will propel you, and this could make for some easy chases or quick escapes.
- AirScooter is a lot more useful than you may think - instead of using AirBlast to dodge a move, you could quickly mount AirScooter for a quick dash. This would allow you to quickly strike your opponent after they used a move against you. If you use the stronger AirBlast, you give them more time to use another ability against you. You are not required to use this, of course, and everyone has their own bending style. Use what is easier for you.
- AeroRush - This allows you to fly upwards with AirBlast infinitely. I've been able to go way past max height with this technique, to the point where I could only see sky, and once I started falling, it took me a good 15 seconds to see the ground again. The trick is to keep making AirBlast sources as you go up. As soon as you leave the ground with your first AirBlast, tap sneak again to make a new source. Once you go past that source, click again, and it will propel you even further. Continue this rhythm, as it CAN be done infinitely. AeroRush named by Vento, airbending master.
- The close opposite to AeroRush is CloudHopping. Once already in the air, you can quickly make a source for AirBlast under you, look up, and click. This all has to be done in a very quick manner, or you will fall. Ask @zmeduna how to use this correctly.
- Lotus - Considered CQC, also known as Close Quarters Combat. Lotus uses the combo Twister, which can be very laggy on some servers. When an opponent is approaching you and is basically RIGHT in front of you, you can quickly look straight down and use Twister, and it will automatically put your opponent in the Twister. Here you can use all sorts of moves, and do considerable damage.
- AirStream in team battles - instead of using AirStream to provoke fall damage, which most benders can easily counter, AirStream an opponent and keep them IN PLACE. This will give your friends an opportunity to give them all they've got, and do considerable damage.
- Reversal - Quickly whip around your opponent with AirScooter, leaving them confused, allowing you to do all sorts of things, dealing (even more) considerable damage. Named by Vento
- Reaper mode - Needs @jedk1 's AirGlide (default fall speed) to work. Mount AirSpout, and once above ground by a considerable amount, trigger AirGlide. As long as you keep holding and releasing your jump key, you will move quickly while on your spout. From here you can AirSweep like a mad man all over the place, using your momentum to create huge sweeps. Be careful that the spout is breakable, and you will fall into the ground without it. Named and created by Vento
- Peregrine Falcon - Requires AirGlide, preferably a faster configuration. Once in the air, activate AirGlide. AirGlide should be set as a faster speed for this to work. From here you can swirl around all over the place, and charge moves like AirSwipe or AirBurst. You can swoop around your opponent whilst hitting them with AirSwipe, AirSweep, AirBurst, and all sorts of moves. Make sure to swirl around them quickly to leave them dazed and confused. Use your momentum to make your AirSweeps huge. AirGlide will automatically deactivate after landing, so you can use it again! Named and created by me, Robagio
- The Frog - AirBlast over your opponent, and once you're behind them, give them all you've got, until they see you again. Keep repeating this. I find it useful to jump over them in a high arc, and hit them with AirSwipe midair (double click so you can use AirSweep). Then when almost reaching the ground again use AirSweep. It's killer, especially if you can use all sorts of moves. Named and created by me, Robagio
- WaterBounce - Using AirScooter, one can reach incredible heights when jumping over semi-deep water, and double-clicking with AirScooter once you are partially submerged in the water. You can go very high up. The trick is to always be running while doing this. You can do this infinitely, too. Once coming back down, hold your sprint KEY. You cannot double click W, or whatever your walk forward button is. You must use your sprint key. Then, whilst holding sprint key, double click again while being partially submerged in water. This will go much faster, so be ready. Then, you can't use the same as before. So, you have to cloudhop once, or quickly toggle AirGlide on and off. Then use your sprint key, and double click once on the water. Keep repeating this, and you can do it infinitely.
-
There are many, many, many more techniques out there, and feel free to add yours!