• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Teaming - with or against the Avatar! (Branch off the Dark Avatar thread)

DanStryder

Verified Member
So it was suggested that there should be an Dark Avatar by @Fly, What I touched on lightly was the ability to either team with or against the avatar, or even being neutral.

So what it would entail: In /b who of a player it would show how you are towards the Dark and Light Avatar. So if you attacked either avatar it would add a negative point against the avatar you attacked. That doesn't make much sense, but once you have gained so many negative points you will gain a reputation, once this reputation is created you would do less damage to the opposite Avatar: Example, Danstryder kept attacking the Light Avatar, his reputation would slowly become more and more darker. Until it says he is now sided with the Dark Avatar. it would take time so then it would excuse missfires and such. This could also be applied to followers of an Avatar so if you attack someone who is sided with the Light Avatar, then you will gain a dark reputation.

This could be like some sort system similar to Factions where if you hit a fellow follower you don't deal as much damage but if you hit an opposing follower then you MIGHT deal a bit more damage than normal. This doesn't have to be implemented but it would be a cool feature.

If this wasn't explained properly then by all means decipher it and make it better xD

Thanks for reading

Moonelight

Verified Member
So it was suggested that there should be an Dark Avatar by @Fly, What I touched on lightly was the ability to either team with or against the avatar, or even being neutral.

So what it would entail: In /b who of a player it would show how you are towards the Dark and Light Avatar. So if you attacked either avatar it would add a negative point against the avatar you attacked. That doesn't make much sense, but once you have gained so many negative points you will gain a reputation, once this reputation is created you would do less damage to the opposite Avatar: Example, Danstryder kept attacking the Light Avatar, his reputation would slowly become more and more darker. Until it says he is now sided with the Dark Avatar. it would take time so then it would excuse missfires and such. This could also be applied to followers of an Avatar so if you attack someone who is sided with the Light Avatar, then you will gain a dark reputation.

This could be like some sort system similar to Factions where if you hit a fellow follower you don't deal as much damage but if you hit an opposing follower then you MIGHT deal a bit more damage than normal. This doesn't have to be implemented but it would be a cool feature.

If this wasn't explained properly then by all means decipher it and make it better xD

Thanks for reading
:)

owlcool

Verified Member
This kinda needs to be able to be toggled off and on, individually and as a server. I mean, it is good until you start to realize that dark and light avatars can team. So..... Yeah.

Moonelight

Verified Member
This kinda needs to be able to be toggled off and on, individually and as a server. I mean, it is good until you start to realize that dark and light avatars can team. So..... Yeah.
I guess, but this feature is targeting the community of the server rather than the avatars themselves. The dark or light avatar would be (by code) automatically on the dark or light side. So it wouldn't really matter whether they team or not.

Fuzzy

Verified Member
This suggestion is good, but I am not sure if this is more a "Spirit" add-on or a "Roleplay" one. In my opinion, I think of this as a Roleplay add-on because you are talking about a group of people, even if they are all within one nation, such as the fire nation, going against each other. For instance, Unalaq had people against him before he finally fused with Vaatu and became the Dark Avatar, just for working with Vaatu. This suggestion is not necessarily a new addition to spirits, but the integration of more classes to select nations, such as the "Light Fire Nation" vs "Dark Fire Nation".

DanStryder

Verified Member
Owl, that's why I put a third option there, Neutral. That could be an option to toggle it, server owners/staff can put signage or other ways of telling their player base that if you attack an avatar then you will gain a reputation and as for the the Avatars teaming, well I wouldn't suggest it as both of their followers will deal more damage to the opposite avatar so it would kinda obsolete for them to team.