• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Team Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Team moves would be moves that require more than 1 person to preform.
I will be using an example from the Book 3 finale of The Legend Of Korra.

Things to know

• The amount of people a move requires would be configurable
  • Default amount of people for a team move would be 2 people, but more can join in to make it stronger
  • Team moves have longer cool downs than regular moves
  • Team moves require warm ups
  • All settings for a Team move can be configured (warm ups/cool downs, ect.)

How it works

Similar to regular moves a Team move would have a medium warm up, featuring an animation unique to that Team move. The way the move is warmed up varies from each element, and what move is being warmed up. For Air, moves like a giant tornado, would require you to be in a "circular" formation, maybe even specific patterns of movement/shifting ect.

Team moves would have their own specific bind to use for a slot. After the move is executed you would be left with a cool down (configurable) ranging from 20 - 30 seconds. The reason for the large cool down is because Team moves are typically larger, and stronger, than regular moves. Warm up times for team moves range (configurable) from 10 - 15 seconds, this is so that you can execute the move fast enough before you become attacked.

It also depends on the move to determine the warm ups & cool downs. Simple quick canon moves could have shorter warm ups/cool downs.

Proof of Team moves

The Legend Of Korra Book 3 Finale

The Last Airbender Book 3 Finale

The Last Airbender Book 1 "The Avatar Returns"

The Legend Of Korra Book 4 "Operation Beifong"

Questions, Concerns, & more in the comments please!

~ Fly

HydroMan

Verified Member
I had a feeling that i wanted to suggest this kind of stuff ,but i didn't know how to properly express it without me explaining in a confusing way :D. Thanks, Fly. I always wanted like this kind of thing to be suggested :)

Moonelight

Verified Member
While I would also love to see this added but it could get really really complicated really fast, especially the idea you discussed about a required player formation. Also are you sure you would want this to be a bind? I would see this functioning more like combos do.
It would allow the users to be more accurate with eachother. What I mean is that instead of having to do a combo, either at the sametime or without, it would be simpler to just use a single bind. The formation part, I meant to describe it as "be atleast (#ofblocks) in range of the other people performing the team move with you."

As you can see with the tornado the airbenders created in the Book 3 finale, it was a simple small move that the others began adding onto. It didn't require a sequence of other moves to execute the whole team move.

Loony

Verified Member
Although I like the idea of team moves, I think it would encourage teaming in arena, which I'm not really a fan of.

Also, I don't think this is possible.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Although I like the idea of team moves, I think it would encourage teaming in arena, which I'm not really a fan of.

Also, I don't think this is possible.
How a server deals with teaming is up to them. The cool downs/warm ups are larger on team moves to give opponents a chance to make the warm up fail before they can attack. Although it may encourage teaming in a arena, it would be harder to accomplish the larger attacks/defenses.

I'm also not very aware to whether or not this is possible, but I am sure that coding could find a way to make it possible. I really just wanted to state the idea rather than make sure it happens. Because I know it would be a difficult task.

orfeas

Verified Member
I totally support this idea,since mc bending is trying to be as closer to the show as possible.Also it would introduce a whole new set of moves.i really hope they add this!

jedk1

While I would also love to see this added but it could get really really complicated really fast, especially the idea you discussed about a required player formation. Also are you sure you would want this to be a bind? I would see this functioning more like combos do.
This would actually be really really really easy to do xD
here is how i would achieve doing this. by using the same method that some abilities have to get the abilities location, you could for say,
  • check if 3 players are doing tornado in roughly the same area (configurable radius, lets say, each tornado's base is within 4 blocks of another)
  • merge the 3 instances and buff the power of the tornado
  • Keep an eye that the 3 players are still looking at the same spot and boom. done.
  • As soon as a player looks away it would be cancelled.
Other things to note:
  • The "team" abilities wouldn't be a separate ability, it would just be changes to current ones to reduce the amount of binds required.
  • As an alternate for other abilities you could check if the players are doing the same ability while next to each other.

Last edited:

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This would actually be really really really easy to do xD
here is how i would achieve doing this. by using the same method that some abilities have to get the abilities location, you could for say,
  • check if 3 players are doing tornado in roughly the same area (configurable radius, lets say, each tornado's base is within 4 blocks of another)
  • merge the 3 instances and buff the power of the tornado
  • Keep an eye that the 3 players are still looking at the same spot and boom. done.
  • As soon as a player looks away it would be cancelled.
Other things to note:
  • The "team" abilities wouldn't be a separate ability, it would just be changes to current ones to reduce the amount of binds required.
  • As an alternate for other abilities you could check if the players are doing the same ability while next to each other.
He's right

Status
Not open for further replies.