• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Surge Remodel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think we can all agree that surge doesn't look like anything we see in the avatar universe. It looks literally like a giant soft taco shell. that is about to consume you. I want to suggest a remodel that will add more realism to its looks. I am talking about the wave form of surge. Instead of it being a soft taco shell, it should look more like a filled taco.

I drew a model to describe it and attached it below. I just disagree with the fact that surge looks like a taco shell, instead of a wave. I have more ideas on how we can make surge more aesthetically pleasing, but that's for a different time.
surge.png

Green

Verified Member
I also have a suggestion when you hold shift can the water be pulled directly infront of you even with out selecting a source/ look at the water. And also make sure the water is always connected to the source because that would look SO much better!

And also you can still hold shift but move to your phasechange slot and release shift to freeze it perminatly (can be melted with phasechange). I think this would be really cool.

Also you should be able to throw this AFTER you held shift and it is infront of you. You click and it sends everything caught in the wave "flying" far away, this will not be able to be freezed or do damage.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I also have a suggestion when you hold shift can the water be pulled directly infront of you even with out selecting a source/ look at the water. And also make sure the water is always connected to the source because that would look SO much better!

And also you can still hold shift but move to your phasechange slot and release shift to freeze it perminatly (can be melted with phasechange). I think this would be really cool.

Also you should be able to throw this AFTER you held shift and it is infront of you. You click and it sends everything caught in the wave "flying" far away, this will not be able to be freezed or do damage.
Dude, your taking the thread off of the main track, please make a separate thread for your ideas,

Green

Verified Member

Have you ever read the rules...... Do not make your own thread abou something that already exists EPICALLY if it's in development. It helps staff to look through all the suggestions for how the move should be.....

And I was making a suggestion that DIRECTLY related to your thread. I didn't say "Fire needs more lighting moves so I think his would be a great addition to earth." No I was giving suggestions on how I think the surge should be....

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

Have you ever read the rules...... Do not make your own thread abou something that already exists EPICALLY if it's in development. It helps staff to look through all the suggestions for how the move should be.....

And I was making a suggestion that DIRECTLY related to your thread. I didn't say "Fire needs more lighting moves so I think his would be a great addition to earth." No I was giving suggestions on how I think the surge should be....
This isn't a suggestion on how to improve surge bending wise.. this was a suggestion to fix the way it looks the only thing it has in common is the fact that it both involves surge. My suggestion was purely aesthetic, while yours involves actively changing surge.

Green

Verified Member
Oh my god.... Am I actually going to have to make a picture for you??? All I am saying, wait I have to explain this weird so be ready, it would be like if you had a 3 by 3 water ball in minecraft and where ever you dragged it it would leave water behind (like a pen). That is all I'm saying to do, to make surge like your dragging the water out from its source to form a barrier, that is still connected to where your sourced it.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Can we stop arguing about this please? Green, just make your own thread despite the rules because it you are going to argue about it there is no point in having it in the same thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.