• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Surf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celesteia

Verified Member
I feel like water needs more mobility, so here is an idea I have.

Based off of

Left click while having this ability bound, it will travel you a far range of blocks, up, down, straight, left, right, etc. It will use up one water bottle/water source, and there is no cooldown for it. It will stop going until you run out of water bottles, or use up one water source. You're able to bend while surfing, however it might be harder to aim.

Chen

Verified Member
I think it should be activated by selecting a source with left click (unless a bottle is present) and executing the ability with shift, as this way the user could stop it easily by releasing shift.
And as for bending whilst doing it I think that could be seen as quite op, as depending on how fast the user moves whilst they're performing the move could make it very difficult for them to be hit by attacks such as EarthBlast or FireBlast.
But it looks like a great ability I've always wanted this to be implemented.

Last edited:

guy057

Verified Member
I think it should be activated by selecting a source with left click (unless a bottle is present) and executing the ability with shift, as this way the user could stop it easily by releasing shift.
And as for bending whilst doing it I think that could be seen as quite op, as depending on how fast the user moves whilst they're performing the move could make it very difficult for them to be hit by attacks such as EarthBlast or FireBlast.
But it looks like a great ability I've always wanted this to be implemented.
but it would be harder for them to hut you as well so it would be balanced out

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Considering mobility is an airbender thing, I don't think water needs it that much consisting they own ocean and river travel, already. Also, I've never seen a waterbender make a wave to travel with on land. If anything, they can skate faster on ice.

Celesteia

Verified Member
Considering mobility is an airbender thing, I don't think water needs it that much consisting they own ocean and river travel, already. Also, I've never seen a waterbender make a wave to travel with on land. If anything, they can skate faster on ice.
If you look here Gahshunk, Katara is using water on land to avoid Azula's fireblast.

She and other waterbenders have done it a lot in the series, and I think some have too in Legend of Korra (not too sure)

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
I do agree that water has a lack of effective mobility on land. This move looks interesting, and I think it could work well with the element, be it that you make it so that you're crouching while surfing(makes it so that you cant watermanip spam nearby sources, and with waterbottles; it takes a while to get back to you anyways) I think that this move can help with the whole, switching from offense to defense/ defense to offense part of waterbending.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
Book 2, Episode 20. After Azula bends lightning at Aang and kills him, Katara quickly bends her octopus form into a wave, which she surfs (on land), over to Aang. I think this move is plausible, and a fair way to improve waterbenders' land mobility, as well as water mobility Airbenders have plenty of methods, earthbenders have some land mobility options as well, and firebenders have at least 1. If you think it is too OP, I think another fair option could be to allow the waterbender to use this ability indefinitely in the water, and add a time limit/maximum distance limit for land, though I do still consider indefinite land travel or at least a couple hundred blocks or so for land travel to be fair. Currently, waterbenders have no method of land mobility.

Chen

Verified Member
There would be no point in having it work in water because that's what FastSwim does (Hold sneak in water on waterspout/empty slot and you'll speed through the water) And Waterbenders having no mobility on land isn't entirely true, they have surge, that works almost as well as Airblast for mobility.

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
There would be no point in having it work in water because that's what FastSwim does (Hold sneak in water on waterspout/empty slot and you'll speed through the water) And Waterbenders having no mobility on land isn't entirely true, they have surge, that works almost as well as Airblast for mobility.
But this could be useful for dodging certain attack, some that are hard to dodge. This is much more controlled and and could be destroyed.

Chen

Verified Member
I agree with you that this would be a good ability to add, just that water does have land mobility.

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
I find it does the job, and I don't often get killed, and is perfect for combo's/positioning but I would still like to see this move implemented.
Yeah, but surge can also hit you into ravines, then kill you, you could aim incorrectly, and take fall damage or accidentaly throw yourself into a creeper.

astraelis7

Verified Member
Sorry if this thread is old and I'm bringing it back e-e But what if, when you use WaterManipulation, if you shift again, you can "ride" the stream... I'm not really sure how to get gifs etc, but when Toph and Katara are training Aang with Seismic Sense (I think Book 3 or 2), Katara uses an ice version of my idea... idk ._.

Chen

Verified Member
I couldn't see this working well with WaterManipulation, as if you shift once then want to change your source block you'll be riding a wave all of a sudden, I think it's best if its kept to its own ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.