• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Suffocation (WARNING SPOILER)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucckoo

Verified Member
In Episode 10 of Book 3 of ALOK, Zaheer airbends the oxygen out of the EarthQueen's lungs.
I was wondering if we could implement a weaker version of this.

This would be an advanced airbending move which would be bounded on a slot. To use Suffocation, get within 7 blocks of a player and hold Shift while looking at them. This will give them damage similar to Suffocation, Slowness 2, and Nausea 2 as they are losing oxygen, impairing their movement. An Airbender can keep using this move for as long as they shift on the other player. The move can be interrupted if the Airbender is damaged. This move has a 15 second cooldown to prevent abuse. A dome of smoke particles would surround the player's head.

Let me know what you guys think!

EDIT: 8/11/14-Changed damage to Drowning damage, lowered Slowness 4 to 2, added Nausea 2
EDIT: 8/17/14-Changed damage to Suffocation damage due to Bukkit limitations

Last edited:

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
I think this is a good idea! (For having the air being sucked out of them have a small dome of airbending particles around their head)

Elzoz

Verified Member
a very brutal one tho :s i think we should have more airbender moves like this, but it should be in a sub elemnt consider that airbenders dont really kill ppl in the series and there for the move should be restricted to like advance airbending (as an sub element) great idea tho, i also had the idea but hade a bit more negativ view on it untill you made this post ;)

Cucckoo

Verified Member
It's hard to channel it for a long time :p I don't think it's too OP. They just have to hit you once to stop the channel.

Avalon

Verified Member
maybe in could do like 1/2 a heart of damage for every second? Just a thought
I don't think it should be that weak that's about the amount of damage air swipe is I like the original amount of damage, the wither 2 (if had to be toned down wither 1) but maybe slowness 2 and nausea that be cool

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
This move is a bit strong with how you have it, I think it should suffocate them just like how it suffocates them while drowning (.5 heart per second or whatever). The rest of this seems good.
EDIT: Maybe add slowness and/or nausea to the player if they don't die from it, from being light-headed.

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
I really like the idea of this move, it is a little OP but with the normal drowning speed it should be fine, considering the player having the potion effects, slowness slowing their movements down, nausea discombobulating their vision, plus the air particles around their head distracting them, this would be a great move for air as to it can be stopped instantly. Should the player be able to bend while this is happening? I think so but possibly only weak moves, I am not sure if this is possible without separating all the moves of the different elements into different code classes which would take a long time.
Love the idea, and with only half a hear per second this move would get them to at least 75-50% health which could furthermore be hurt by air swipe or another attack move that might be in the making.
Great job, and thanks for the bump or I would have never seen this post!
~Apple<3

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
a very brutal one tho :s i think we should have more airbender moves like this, but it should be in a sub elemnt consider that airbenders dont really kill ppl in the series and there for the move should be restricted to like advance airbending (as an sub element) great idea tho, i also had the idea but hade a bit more negativ view on it untill you made this post ;)
Seems like people want to throw everything into sub elements now-a-days.

Elzoz

Verified Member
[qsubbe="Coolade, post: 1604, member: 145"]Seems like people want to throw everything into sub elements now-a-days.[/quote]

Well it would be Nicer and more order in the elements, like A sub-bender shuld be able to have only One sub-element, unless they learn more :p

Cucckoo

Verified Member
Legend of Korra has yet to establish the official subbending of air. Suffocation is merely just bending the air inside another person's lungs. It isn't a subbending technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.