• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Spirit Sub-types

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
My question is, what would stop players from choosing to be spirits rather than benders?
I can see everyone on a server choosing to be a spirit rather than a human bender.. xD
Well I personally would like to be an earthbender, always loved it. Spirits seems cool but eh

HydroMan

Verified Member
IMO, with bending you could apply for everything you do and it is more combo orientated, while this spirits (by this suggestion) just give you aid for others and their selfs in combo and... Welp.. pretty much that's all you could do with them. I think that nothing can replace the main bending aspect of the plugin, not even chi blocking!

HydroMan

Verified Member
And worth mentioning the fact that with this spirit abilities/powers you can't cause direct offensive damage to players/mobs, which unlike benders this takes much fun out of for amazing in-game fightning experience. For me, I would rather enjoying being one of this spirit when playing in a survival role, than pvp-ing.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Another thing I would like to say about spirits in general (by all the suggestions in the forums I'm taking as a considerate base opinion, as we don't much the outcome what the actual spirit will include/be about) is that I think it wouldn't be advisable to allow them to go in bending arenas, because they aren't combo orientated. There is probably exception for the regular spirits ,as all they usefull for fighting and thats we have seen them doing only very often.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Yeah and that's great. The only thing I would question is the monster spirits. There were no monsters in the show (zombies, skeletons, giant spiders etc.) so I'm not sure if monster spirits should be added. I think it'd be cool, but I'm not sure if it'd be canon. And, of course, it doesn't have to be completely canon. Those are just my thoughts.
I think it would be more interesting, if we apply more/as well of a fictional spirits, that relate with mineccraft aspect. Like for example Redstone Spirit or like Breeding Spirit. Those are just examples.

owlcool

Verified Member
I think it would be more interesting, if we apply more/as well of a fictional spirits, that relate with mineccraft aspect. Like for example Redstone Spirit or like Breeding Spirit. Those are just examples.
Well, if you could provide any similar examples, such as a Metal, Ore, Crystal or Electric Spirit from LoK, the LoK video game or Comics, the first one would be a good idea. It could be a bit of a "Maze Trap" Creator, with an ability to produce redstone in a similar form to heatcontrol changing items or Earthbending's move that can take ore out of objects, potentially producing much more redstone than normal out of a single ore.
What would the second one do, though?
Breed Animals? I haven't seen a spirit like that in Canon and I doubt it exists. The subtype seems to be a waste of time on any server other than a server where you can change your element, unlike the Redstone subtype, in which careful planning can make you functionally invincible, although not unstopable.
Another thing I would like to say about spirits in general (by all the suggestions in the forums I'm taking as a considerate base opinion, as we don't much the outcome what the actual spirit will include/be about) is that I think it wouldn't be advisable to allow them to go in bending arenas, because they aren't combo orientated. There is probably exception for the regular spirits ,as all they usefull for fighting and thats we have seen them doing only very often.
You should make a thread about this. This thread may get too off topic if we start conversing about things like this. The whole subject is broad for a suggestion thread, the thread shouldn't be expanded upon more than necessary.
And worth mentioning the fact that with this spirit abilities/powers you can't cause direct offensive damage to players/mobs, which unlike benders this takes much fun out of for amazing in-game fightning experience. For me, I would rather enjoying being one of this spirit when playing in a survival role, than pvp-ing.
I am not sure how this relates to this thread more than spirits in general. So make a thread, don't try to take all the bases for yourself.
IMO, with bending you could apply for everything you do and it is more combo orientated, while this spirits (by this suggestion) just give you aid for others and their selfs in combo and... Welp.. pretty much that's all you could do with them. I think that nothing can replace the main bending aspect of the plugin, not even chi blocking!
Of course, those main elements seem to leave out some aspects to improve upon through other classes, such as Redstone not being effectively mineable by (What is the name of that earthbending move that can take iron out of iron ore, again?).
My question is, what would stop players from choosing to be spirits rather than benders?
I can see everyone on a server choosing to be a spirit rather than a human bender.. xD
Well, we could try to take this from an simple Economic perspective.
We could provide Incentives to make players want to choose certain elements.
For example, a Fire Bender and a Waterbender could be a very wanted team because of a Waterbender's ability to Fish and a Fire Bender's ability to cook that fish.
However, Spirits would only have a certain niche(Such as better Redstone ability, or something) making player's not want to play them if there are already more Spirit players.
Perhaps there should be a Plug-in with a command to ask how many players are what element and subelement. I guess I will make this thread, since I shouldn't get this thread off topic.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Breed Animals? I haven't seen a spirit like that in Canon and I doubt it exists. The subtype seems to be a waste of time on any server other than a server where you can change your element, unlike the Redstone subtype, in which careful planning can make you functionally invincible, although not unstopable.
I just based out of an mythical god - love (if not mistaken, her name is Milda). Like I said, I would like to see fictional ones too, that could manipulate aspects from minecraft, RedStone spirit being one of the examples.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Well, we could try to take this from an simple Economic perspective.
We could provide Incentives to make players want to choose certain elements.
For example, a Fire Bender and a Waterbender could be a very wanted team because of a Waterbender's ability to Fish and a Fire Bender's ability to cook that fish.
However, Spirits would only have a certain niche(Such as better Redstone ability, or something) making player's not want to play them if there are already more Spirit players.
Perhaps there should be a Plug-in with a command to ask how many players are what element and subelement. I guess I will make this thread, since I shouldn't get this thread off topic.
Spirit should lack for pvp uses, and should more supporters for themselfs and/or others in combat. I think the number of player specalties would be balanced, if we apply the concept of what I told you for them to have: less combat, but more giving support in pvp.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Spirit should lack for pvp uses, and should more supporters for themselfs and/or others in combat. I think the number of player specalties would be balanced, if we apply the concept of what I told you for them to have: less combat, but more giving support in pvp.
That seems to be what Spirits will turn into, as far as my outdated knowledge tells me.
If not, you should make a thread about it.

HydroMan

Verified Member
That seems to be what Spirits will turn into, as far as my outdated knowledge tells me.
If not, you should make a thread about it.
Some one already mention that (Alex I think), and from my view point, most of these suggestion seem to be true to my statement of understanding how they should be.

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
What about Koh? He doesn't look like most spirits, but I believe he is one. Maybe when you are Koh, and kill someone, you can use a command called /b head {PlayerName} to get their head :)
Just like we can have Koh, we can also have his mother, the Mother of Faces, shown in the comic book "The Search". If you haven't read it, she gives people faces and new identities instead of taking them. I would highly recommend reading that trilogy though.

HydroMan

Verified Member
#2-Identity Spirit (Mother of Faces):
-Change face: L-Click a player to scroll down through a list of all players heads (gui will open) and click on the head you desire to change of the player you L-Clicked
-Change abilities: Changes the player bending (element) that the player has while wearing their head. What this would do is change the bound abilities of the player to the worn player's head, then binds them over the existing binds while the head is worn.

HydroMan

Verified Member
New spirit type:
Chi Spirit: like the lion turtles
Abilities:
ChiBending: remove or restore a benders bending. The spirit would only be able to give/remove a element they govern.
Bending: Allows the spirit to use the element they govern like benders.
BloodEnhance: if the spirit governs waterbending, they can give a bloodbender the ability to remove bending through bloodbending. This needs to be thought out more, but would require the permission node something like; bending.spirits.Chispirit.BloodEnhance
Since each lion turtle, like benders, had their own unique specific bending element, make them not just to be able to be a bender at the same time, but they would only be able to give that certain bending power to a non bender that this spirit holds. If the target of this ability has already a different bending element, his/hers will be change into the one the spirit is giving and for avatar, it will be added as an additional one for theirs (that is, if Raava&Vaatu won't exist or any other spirit with the capability of holding one's element, as their concept replaces uncanon method of the lion turtle giving them the element right away.

I can see the abuse trolling of this just knowing, so I suggest that the target must accept the spirits request/permission via some sort of command.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Oh pfff, I didn't know the definition of govern, so I told my ideas what you had already covered it up in your reply xD,

HydroMan

Verified Member
Identity Spirit (Koh):
-Steal face: L-Click a play to get the player's head
-Steal abilities: Able to use the bending that the player has while wearing their head. What this would do is get the bound abilities of the worn player's head, then binds them over the spirits binds while the head is worn.
#2-Identity Spirit (Mother of Faces):
-Change face: L-Click a player to scroll down through a list of all players heads (gui will open) and click on the head you desire to change of the player you L-Clicked
-Change abilities: Changes the player bending (element) that the player has while wearing their head. What this would do is change the bound abilities of the player to the worn player's head, then binds them over the existing binds while the head is worn.
Lol, I don't know how or why I use the same name of those two different opposite spirits
These are the particles that could represent some of the spirit subtypes types. (@owlcool)

Ocean: any water particle or thing like that really,
Swamp: slime particles
Moon: Snowball particles
Sun: yellow wool breaking particles
Animal: creeper could use explosion, endermen could be portal particles, etc.
Wisdom: Enchantmenttable particles
Helping: heart(You got better idea?)
Order: barrier
Chaos: purple redstone particles
Koh: AngryVillager
Chicken: White wool breaking particles
Cow: both white and blackwool breaking particles
Zombie: a ugly green color, preferably around the head area, by ugly green I mean dark green, like dark green blocks have.
Skeleton: spawns a arrow entity every few seconds nearby.
Creeper: explosion particles
Guardian: needs work, but maybe something like fishing particles nearby.
Cave Spider: Splash potion poison particles

This is not all the spirits, if you have any suggestions, suggest them
Cool. What particles do you suggest for my spirits: the Kemurikage, Mother of Faces and Hei Bay? The Hauting one I imagine her (almost called it him) having enderman's or dark-smoky type of particles.

P.S: Please don't forget to add mine listed spirits and thank you :3