• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Sourcing Particles - A nudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varni1

Verified Member
I've observed a few awkward things when ever I'm a waterbender. Naturally, the source selection particles (black smoke) are clear in blocks that support transparency.

Opaque blocks such as packed ice, that serve as waterbending sources, are a bit hard to see if you've selected them or not. My suggestion is to simply bump the spawn area for the particles a little higher, so it is more visible to the average waterbender.

Of course, also I've observed the same issue with cacti. You can see the stump particles once you have cleared the blocks above the stump. I suggest expanding the spawn range, so the particles spawn a little outside of the base of the cactus, ensuring a waterbender they have selected a valid source.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Placing Looking into for now. I agree with the idea of making the particles more visible, it's super smart!

But, if you could, would you change the selection animation completely? Just a thought, and question. :)

Varni1

Verified Member
Placing Looking into for now. I agree with the idea of making the particles more visible, it's super smart!

But, if you could, would you change the selection animation completely? Just a thought, and question. :)
If by changing selection idle animations, I'm in for it. The smoke seems a little bit too plain. Not sure, but maybe selection animations based on element colours. (i.e. earth selections would be slightly greenish).

FearlessPie121

Verified Member

Black is great for visibility, but I have an idea. How about we change the particle animation and location all together? What I'm thinking is that when a waterbender selects a water source, the particle should be tiny blue dots sparkling around that block to indicate that certain block and also to make it more visible (like what this suggestion calls for)

Varni1

Verified Member
Black is great for visibility, but I have an idea. How about we change the particle animation and location all together? What I'm thinking is that when a waterbender selects a water source, the particle should be tiny blue dots sparkling around that block to indicate that certain block and also to make it more visible (like what this suggestion calls for)
Of course, particle density can easily be configured, or developers may add a separate configuration option entirely for it. I do like your suggestion. The smallest details can make the biggest of impacts.

Of course I'm thinking playing a "ding" sound when a waterbender selects a source. Though it could get spammy. As we know, many waterbenders do use moves a lot in a short time frame. No offense to any waterbenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.