• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Sonzin's Comet

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
When the comet arrives, players around the server will be able to "see" it - the day will turn at phase where the sky is orange tinged partially lit right before it goes to night. That phase will be frozen through out the whole time until the sozin's comet event comes to an end.

If that isn't possible or doesn't come to standarts we are expected to see, instead of that, the a boss bar will pop up to every server titled "Sozin's comet". It will be full during the whole tilme while the event is still happening, but when it ends the bar will disappear.

Last edited:

Sosy13

Verified Member
I think it would be better if MC's sky changed into red colour during the Sozin's Comet arrival. With this players would know it as like people knew in the show, but I'm not sure if altering sky's colour is even possible.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I already suggested the nether sky to appear during the Lunar Eclipse. Regarding If changing sky into another dimension's sky, Finn said it is possible, via by changing into the biome that has that sky. I think that thee nether sky would be to dark and unsuitable to represent the Sozin Comet's Atmosphere.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
What about allowing sozin's comet to turn the sky into noun/sunset when it happens or on a random occasion during sunset the comet will occur?

I pretty sure that in the show I saw sky more orange than of a red color, unlike the full moon. Thus, I think that nether sky would better fit Lunar Eclipse. Making both events with the red color wouldn't be good, because it would harder to tell whenever which astronomical event is happening and I feel like they should be diversive as their are right now by their different effects over bending.

ETA: While the atmosphere of the comet had some a little red-ish color in it, but it still isn't that close to the L.Eclipse one, which is why I think the nether sky would be a better fit for Eclipse.

Last edited:

Sosy13

Verified Member
I pretty sure that in the show I saw sky more orange than of a red color, unlike the full moon. Thus, I think that nether sky would better fit Lunar Eclipse. Making both events with the red color wouldn't be good, because it would harder to tell whenever which astronomical event is happening and I feel like they should be diversive as their are right now by their different effects over bending.
That's exactly what I said. I wanted to know whether changing sky's colour was possible or not for the specific time, the colour which we could choose on our will and which would fit in properly for the comet. @grasshopperMatt is it possible to set sky's colour in any colour? Like blue, green etc, for a specific time?

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
When you said "red", I immediately thought that you were referring to the nether. I was wrong. If spigot has no limitations over changing the color of a sky, then I see that being a better suitable landscape aesthetic than of a sunset/nether to represent the actual event from the show. If the color matches perfectly of the canon one, that would obviously would make ten times better.

Regarding with Lunar Eclipse, adding red bright color to nether transformed biome, would it make the scenery even more accurate or appealing?

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The Lunar Eclipse made the moon and sky blood red.(why lunar eclipses in real life are called blood moons) and Sozin's Comet made it
a sunset like color. But I do remember that the Comet looked much larger than the Sun and closer. So maybe we can enlarge the sun's pixels in the sky to make it look like the comet while making the sky a sunset?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I doubt that the comet had the influence over the sun of any kind. If the color changing idea wasn't possible, and no one can't think of any good visual representation for the comet, we might end it all either with the boss bar or with nothing.

Matt

Verified Member
That's exactly what I said. I wanted to know whether changing sky's colour was possible or not for the specific time, the colour which we could choose on our will and which would fit in properly for the comet. @grasshopperMatt is it possible to set sky's colour in any colour? Like blue, green etc, for a specific time?
We can't use "any color" but there are a few hidden sky colors that can be accessed using different methods, we could possibly get an orange tinged sky by freezing the time when the sun is gone but the sky is still partially lit, but I think the nether sky might look better overall