• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

simple concept for the next avatars abilities

xNuminousx

If anyone is interested on how I achieved the rainbow particles I added a repo to github for people to look at. I'm sure there are better ways to achieve what I did but I made it myself and it works so im happy with it lol

Kess

I figured you’d like it
hey num I have a really cool idea for avatars new move that uses your rainbow particles it would be called aurora and it would come up from the players and kinda be like this in the sky that can maybe attack players or heal them not sure how to explain it 3838

xNuminousx

hey num I have a really cool idea for avatars new move that uses your rainbow particles it would be called aurora and it would come up from the players and kinda be like this in the sky that can maybe attack players or heal them not sure how to explain it View attachment 3838
You inspired me. I altered the colors to follow the color scheme of the aurora borealis. I may have made the green too pale and the purple less prominent but I don't think it turned out completely terrible (I realize what you were originally asking for and i won't be making that).

EDIT
This gif doesn't really do it justice... I'll get a screen shot.3840
there. The green spirals around the archs sort of acting like the glow i guess.

Last edited:

Pride

You inspired me. I altered the colors to follow the color scheme of the aurora borealis. I may have made the green too pale and the purple less prominent but I don't think it turned out completely terrible (I realize what you were originally asking for and i won't be making that).
View attachment 3839

EDIT
This gif doesn't really do it justice... I'll get a screen shot.View attachment 3840
there. The green spirals around the archs sort of acting like the glow i guess.
the colour contrast is actually really pleasant and nice to look at. i live for it

xNuminousx

aw thankssss I’ll probably add the math for the colors onto my rainbow repo in github later tonight. The colors are pretty simple to achieve, all you gotta do is observe how the RGB codes change on a color wheel depending on how you move it certain directions. For example, for the purple/blue them you see in the pictures for the aurora animation I altered only the red and green variables while the blue remained at 255 (the max). For the rainbow effects in the OP I added or subtracted from 1 variable at a time (either R, G, or B) in the rainbow sequence. It’s pretty fun to get different combinations.

And it’s interesting because with my method that you might see on GitHub the speed variable is a huge factor in what the colors come out looking like. I always use a number that’s a factor of 255 just because of the way I have it set up (in the aurora one I had a speed of 17). If I had moved the speed to 18 it would have looked completely different. If I had the speed at 85 it would look just like the picture but there’d be more blue than purple in the gradient. It’s pretty fun to play with.

xNuminousx

Oh and you may notice that the speed variable doesn’t actually effect any sort of pace of the the colors. I named it that because when I originally named it, it did effect the speed. If you look at the readme of my repo you’ll see a heart that changes colors seemlessly rather than just being all the colors at once. The speed variable will effect how fast those colors change.

xNuminousx

No it’s not an ability I just made a plugin so I can play around with different particle effects and I thought these were cool so i shared them here