• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

SandSurge Suggestion [Earth]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Sensei

Verified Member
*Cough* I don't know how to make a good introduction to this thread, so lets just cut to the point.

Remember that old move called LavaSurge from ProjectKorra 1.7? Yeah well we all know it didn't last long.

Due to the 1.8 update, minecraft made it so that liquids couldn't be rendered as falling sand entities. These update made
LavaSurge, Eruption, and the Fissure Combo broken.

First, I will explain what the old lavasurge was if you don't remember.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In it's early stages, LavaSurge was pretty lame. It was just water surge but lava. If it hit a block it would disappear (making the aim poor) and it was never really worth binding. After that, it was updated into This.

(Credit to @Gamzee )

It basically would spray a lot of lava at your target. So this is what I suggest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn LavaSurge into a move called "SandSurge". SandSurge is the same but it uses falling sand entities.

In Avatar, The Last Airbender, Season II, The sandbenders that captured Appa could ski across the sand using a wooden sail and creating a sandstorm behind it.

SandSurge will launch a lot of falling sand entities (Disguised as sand, Duh) at your target. It will still have a warmup time just like lavasurge.

Stats/Damage/Buffs - Each piece of sand launched does minor damage but has a 35% to blind. SandSurge does high knockback. You MUST select the source on sand or sandstone.

Pros - SandSurge is a great defensive skill for earthbenders, as it can easily blast opponents away and blind them.

Cons - SandSurge can be hard to use correctly due to it's warm up time. It can't do much damage either, and there's a small chance to blind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for viewing my thread, this is my second thread on ProjectKorra, and first suggestion on here.

-AndrewSensei

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I'm Curious as to how you would know when to fire the move with the warmup time and all. Maybe the sand changes color, or you see smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.