• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete [SANDBENDING] [NEWMOVE] Sand Spout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Sandbenders (a.k.a earthbenders) should have sand spout. It's like water/air spout, but it's a lot smaller and slightly slower. It would like sand particles pushing the user upwards.
It would not be OP because...
  • It would be slow. Not too slow where its redundant, but slower than airspout.
  • It could be cut like a normal spout, but waterbenders have to advantage because any water move will destroy it. (Wet sand would be hard to bend. Duh!)
Earth needs more mobility and there isnt a sand orientated move for earth yet. :p

Got help from @HydroMan

EDIT: Air moves will destroy the spout.

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
We never actually saw sandbenders doing this, we only really saw them use sand to move their sand sailors and Earth isn't meant to be mobile with the exception of catapult, EarthSmash and any addon moves you choose to add.

Hero

Verified Member
We never actually saw sandbenders doing this, we only really saw them use sand to move their sand sailors and Earth isn't meant to be mobile with the exception of catapult, EarthSmash and any addon moves you choose to add.
That is a point but since sand spout is similar to water/air spout, I can only imagine it as a downgraded spout that skilled earthbenders can ride on.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
That is a point but since sand spout is similar to water/air spout, I can only imagine it as a downgraded spout that skilled earthbenders can ride on.
That's true, it may be possible to some degree, but there are a few points to bring up
Earth isn't meant to be that mobile
If this is added, it should only work on sand blocks

Hero

Verified Member
That's true, it may be possible to some degree, but there are a few points to bring up
Earth isn't meant to be that mobile
If this is added, it should only work on sand blocks
Earth in general isnt supposed to be mobile, but that doesnt always work with sub-class which sandbending is a official sub-class. Sandbenders were somewhat more graceful than normal earthbenders. And thats the point of the move, its only supposed to work in sand.

Chickenemerald

Verified Member
Unless aang was using airspout and sand is combined, but he went into the avatar state and he made spout that looks like a sandy one, not sure though

Hero

Verified Member
Unless aang was using airspout and sand is combined, but he went into the avatar state and he made spout that looks like a sandy one, not sure though
There is an real move in the show that is a real sandspout using earthbenders only.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I would've done it if I knew how...
To post a pic ,just copy the link to its origin and paste it here then insert ["img"] and ["/img"] (with no qoutation marks in square brackets) between the link. For i a video you just put out the link and it will show (if it's from youtube)

Hero

Verified Member
To post a pic ,just copy the link to its origin and paste it here then insert ["img"] and ["/img"] (with no qoutation marks in square brackets) between the link. For i a video you just put out the link and it will show (if it's from youtube)
What you just said made no sense to me and dont post that kind of stuff on this thread please. Tell me on my page or start a conversation.

Janny

Verified Member
I think this would be a VERY nice addition to earthbending. Also, I can 140% agree that earthbending needs more mobility moves. You have my full support!

Hero

Verified Member
I think this would be a VERY nice addition to earthbending. Also, I can 140% agree that earthbending needs more mobility moves. You have my full support!
Thank you very much. Even though earthbenders are more solid then other elements, I don't think its right that they don't have some mobility.

V

Vidcom

I got your back on the pic thing.
See 2:40. You could say that's dust on the floor, but there's not enough there. Also, if it was, it would have been blown away by the air, not absorbed into it.

Gold

Verified Member
That moment when somebody suggested something exactly the same as this but this got looking into but the other didnt.

V

Vidcom

That moment when somebody suggested something exactly the same as this but this got looking into but the other didnt.
If we see a repeated suggestion, we'll accept one and deny all others. It makes it much easier to find things we want to use, and shows how much we got left accurately

Hero

Verified Member
See 2:40. You could say that's dust on the floor, but there's not enough there. Also, if it was, it would have been blown away by the air, not absorbed into it.
:> Thank you!

Hero

Verified Member
You could say I got some inspiration from them....I didnt this time though. :p

HydroMan

Verified Member
Is he the only one who did sandspout? He had might used airspout that sucked the sand into making sand'ystorm'ish tornado causing into turn into sandspout with no earthbending in use :/

Hero

Verified Member
Is he the only one who did sandspout? He had might used airspout that sucked the sand into making sand'ystorm'ish tornado causing into turn into sandspout with no earthbending in use :/
OOOooook now. First, I can understand how you might think thats an airspout, but why in the world would he make his airspout suck up all the sand?! Aang isnt the only one that can make a sandspout but is the only one so far that i've seen that can ride it.

Status
Not open for further replies.