• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Rework of Plant Armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ive noticed in my time as a waterbender, I've noticed the lack of plant bending moves. Don't get me wrong I love the passives.(Although a massive Surge from a tiny flower is unrealistic) I think that we could add moves. Ones that are more usable.

PlantArmor:
Instead of it giving you the armor I think it should give you a leafy version of water-arms in addition to the armor, like the plant monster Huu made. It would really only work if there is a large amount of plants in a certain radius. (Maybe use the same mechanic as water flow does so that it doesn't work in a 1x1 water source) The vine-arms would function similarly to water arms with the exception of grapple and freeze.

Grapple(Growth) could be replaced with a version of plant drain to refuel the plant armor(i will explain). The Freeze Replacement(Blast) would function like plant blast. Now, in the series, Huu had to constantly replenish the amount of plants in his armor, we could make it so that the armor breaks after 4 hits (one for each armor piece) unless you replenish the amount of armor pieces with nearby plants.

This is first suggestions thread so sorry if I made big mistakes.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Doesn't give much potential diversity from the waterspout counterpart. With having it replenish, I think waterarms would need that, unless this feature for both of this abilities aren't considered to be un-balanced (infinite never ending elementalarms). Maybe the replenish wouldn't reset the duration of how long and the times the abilities were used before the arms gets destroyed to balance that feature out?

Overall, I don't see a worth use for this ability. Now my question is, can a waterbender have armor and waterarms on at the same time? If not, make it so that we can or just give plantarms with its armor to the plantbender after the activation of PlantArms.

Status
Not open for further replies.