• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Regions

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
Hey, I was wondering if there was any way to disable bending in a specific World Guard Region. I have been told that it has to do with setting the region build flag to deny, yet that hasn't changed anything in the region, and people can still bend in it. Atm Worldguard respect is false, because the __global__ flag fix for firebending didn't work, and people could still bend in regions with it respected. If its not possible, then I can work around it, but it would be a lot easier if it was. Thanks.

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Make sure you are on 6.0.0+ for WorldGuard, and make sure that it is set to respect worldguard.. When the respect worldguard is false, nothing WorldGuard does will affect bending.

dNiym

Verified Member
Upgrade worldguard make sure its WG 6

Turn respect worldguard back on (thats why nothing in your region settings pay attention to worldguard

use the following to enable firebending across the whole world: (You'll have to do this in the end/nether as well)
/region flag __global__ lighter allow
/region flag __global__ tnt allow

To create a no-bend area:
Make a worldguard selection using //wand or //pos1 //pos2
/region create <region_name>
/region flag <region_name> build deny

/region priority <region_name> <a number>
The priority of a region can make or break your flag settings esp if you have multiple regions overlapping, for example if you're trying to create a PVP zone inside a NO PVP zone.. So if you're standing in two overlapping regions the one with higher priority will be the one thats obeyed.. If two regions have equal priority then a DENY always beats out an ALLOW. Thus if you create two regions that overlap and one has PVP set to DENY and the other is set to ALLOW if you don't increase the priority on the PVP enabled region, the one with DENY set will always win out and pvp will never be enabled in that region..

Likewise some flags override others completely. Like you can set Allow on block-break and block-place in a region but if you ever set build to DENY it will override the allows. A good use for BUILD Allow and block-break/place deny is a bending arena! You can create a region, set it to Build ALLOW, then deny block placing and breaking... Bending will still work that affects the terrain just people wont be able to mine or place new blocks in the area.

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
Thanks so much, my main issue was that I was running WorldGuard 5.9, but dNiym your walk-through also helped a lot with the bending arena. Thanks to the both of you.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Upgrade worldguard make sure its WG 6

Turn respect worldguard back on (thats why nothing in your region settings pay attention to worldguard

use the following to enable firebending across the whole world: (You'll have to do this in the end/nether as well)
/region flag __global__ lighter allow
/region flag __global__ tnt allow

To create a no-bend area:
Make a worldguard selection using //wand or //pos1 //pos2
/region create <region_name>
/region flag <region_name> build deny

/region priority <region_name> <a number>
The priority of a region can make or break your flag settings esp if you have multiple regions overlapping, for example if you're trying to create a PVP zone inside a NO PVP zone.. So if you're standing in two overlapping regions the one with higher priority will be the one thats obeyed.. If two regions have equal priority then a DENY always beats out an ALLOW. Thus if you create two regions that overlap and one has PVP set to DENY and the other is set to ALLOW if you don't increase the priority on the PVP enabled region, the one with DENY set will always win out and pvp will never be enabled in that region..

Likewise some flags override others completely. Like you can set Allow on block-break and block-place in a region but if you ever set build to DENY it will override the allows. A good use for BUILD Allow and block-break/place deny is a bending arena! You can create a region, set it to Build ALLOW, then deny block placing and breaking... Bending will still work that affects the terrain just people wont be able to mine or place new blocks in the area.
I like you...